Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Sort of OT! You thought the 914 was small!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Qarl
For those of you that complain about almost getting run over by SUVs in your 914s...

... look at this British Elise S1 next to a Mini. The Mini looks like a friggin SUV next to it.

IPB Image

Oh, and this Elise has some funky carbon fiber roof cover on it...
TimT
Yeap the Elise is teeny....

They are quick though!!
RAR
You're comparing it to the wrong mini. Next to an original one it will appear bigger.
lapuwali
No, it won't. I have a 1.7 and a '64 Mini sitting side-by-side in my garage right now. The Mini is 3ft shorter, but about 1ft taller than the 914. The new MINI does look like a SUV compared to the old ones (another ft taller, 2ft longer, and 1000lbs heavier).

Plus, you can fit four normal-sized adults in an old Mini, and they can get out and still walk after an hour drive. They'll be deaf, but they'll be able to walk.

If my digital camera worked (dead battery), I'd take a pic...
RAR
Other than the deafness factor how is the original mini as a driver?
boxstr
I had a Mini Cooper S when in high school, man was that a fun little car, and it was fast off the line. Fun racing the old Chevelles and Fairlanes.
And then there were the twisty bits, I can only think of one car that I drove which might have been better, a Lotus Super Seven with a Ford 109E Cosworth engine Crossflow head and Weber side draft carbs, it was BRG with yellow nose and wheels.
Karl what is with the Oregon plates on the Mini and Lotus? Obviously not your cars.
CCLINLOTUSLAND
Qarl
not my cars...

My Elise will be coming in the Fall.
ChrisReale
QUOTE(kellzey @ Mar 5 2004, 09:11 PM)

My Elise will be coming in the Fall.

Cocky bastard.... laugh.gif
Rgreen914
[quote=ChrisReale,Mar 5 2004, 11:35 PM] [QUOTE=kellzey,Mar 5 2004, 09:11 PM]

Cocky bastard.... laugh.gif [/quote]
I believe the correct expression would be "cheeky bastard"!
Seagrave
A friend of mine in our car club has two Mini's. A 1966 and a 2003. Both are Cooper S. This gives you an idea of the difference in size.
URY914
Karl,
I saw an Elise on Thursday in Birmingham, AL at the Barber Motorsports Park museum. Barber has the largest Lotus and motorcycle collection. There are currently 400 bikes on display and another 400 in storage or repair. I'll post some pics in a few days.

Paul
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.