QUOTE(Tman914 @ Jul 9 2009, 07:56 AM) *

2.0 D jet 1974

0 280 000 043 or 0 280 000 044

CU14X rebuilt

Will take a look ...................
Tman914
Theres no number on the case , do i have to take it apart
SLITS
Nope ..... I doubt the board will have the Bosch part number on it.

I also wonder why you think you need the board. These generally don't go bad under normal circumstances.
Tman914
the fule pump is not comeing on it should get it ground by the board
right ? ran a test on the 4 white wire plug at the relay board
disconected it and grounded numerb 3 terminal and the pump came on when i trun the key on then ckeck for power at the 1 terminal 12volts and it start up, is this right ?
SLITS
The ground for the fuel pump is the multi-point ground behind the relay panel and is directly wired to the pump.

Are you sure the fuel pump relay is good?

Are you sure the power relay (for the brain) is good?

Are you sure the fuse on the relay board is good?

Pin 13 on the main body harness 14 pin connector is power for the pump. Wire goes thru main harness to fuel pump.

Pin one on the 4 pole connector on the relay board is power to the brain from the relay on the relay board.

Pin three completes the circuit for the fuel pump relay and is tied to Pin 13 on the 14 pin main body harness connector

Pin two is tied into the yellow wire to the starter circuit

Pin four appears to be tied into the cold start valve and thermoswitch.

Now, if you want to try another brain (044) send me a PM.
76-914
agree.gif Ron's right. Check out that power relay board first. I went off on the same tangent as you before these guys pointed me in the right direction, with my 914. Found my pump problem at the relay board (which is rebuildable).
Tman914
the relays are good I took them from the head lights that work all three relays work and the fuse's are good

but if you got some other test I can do I will try them out first
Tman914
Thanks SLITS
I will get back to you on that just got up from a long day / night yesturday Have to keep the wife happy on the honey do's around the house
tod914
Pelican parts has a tester you can rent. You can also send it out to Fuel Injection Corp in Ca. Performance Products will give you a 2 year warranty on a rebuilt one, plus a 15% discount if your a PCA member.
Hope that's helpfull.
Maybe a club member or someone local has a unit you can borrow to see if that's the problem before you layout all that money for a rebuild?
914Owner
QUOTE(tod914 @ Jul 11 2009, 11:29 AM) *

Pelican parts has a tester you can rent. You can also send it out to Fuel Injection Corp in Ca. Performance Products will give you a 2 year warranty on a rebuilt one, plus a 15% discount if your a PCA member.
Hope that's helpfull.
Maybe a club member or someone local has a unit you can borrow to see if that's the problem before you layout all that money for a rebuild?

Do you have a link to this information? I looked around Automotion's (Performance Products') web site and couldn't find any information related to relay boards. Thanks.

Edit: Oops. I was thinking about the board with all the relays (not ECU) on the driver's side of the engine compartment. Are these available rebuilt?
tod914
The relay boards you could try Rich out at High Performance House in CA, or Brad Mayuer in Ill. Brad rebuilds them. Rich should have a good used one. They usually pop up on ebay fairly often too. Lots of guys parting cars, so I'm sure a few members would have spares too. Try posting in the classifieds. I'll bet a few will chime in.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.