Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 911 engine and trans
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
underthetire
http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/pts/1260574681.html

If only I had money.
ArtechnikA
QUOTE(underthetire @ Jul 9 2009, 08:13 PM) *

> Selling 1972 915 5spd Tranny and 2.2 T engine. Complete package. Will not last long at 1000.

it's probably already lasted longer than it has a right to ;-)

a very early 915 is no prize - which people discover when having to change the mainshaft oil seal (hint - it is installed from _inside_ the box ...) You need a very good and specific reason to want a 2,2 - and a T isn't where I'd start. There _are_ bargains that will cost you more then they're worth.

I don't want to badmouth someone else's sale but you can do better with a different starting point IMO.
carr914
But, that's a money maker there. Buy it separate the motor from the tranny, sell the motor for a grand, carbs $500 and the tranny $500 - double your money, it's better than the Stock Market

T.C.
ArtechnikA
QUOTE(carr914 @ Jul 10 2009, 12:11 AM) *

...sep[a]rate the motor from the tranny, sell the motor for a grand, carbs $500 and the tranny $500 - double your money...

core 2,2T long blocks go for $1000 in your part of the world? (I could maybe see it for an S, with the Biral cylinders, big-ported heads, and counterweighted crank.)
and Zenith's $500 the pair?
I think $500 is similarly optimistic for a '72 915.
I wouldn't have one at any price...

If you have buyers lined up, by all means, go for it!
I think it's a lot to pay for a crankcase...
carr914
I didn't say that I would put those pieces in one of my cars, but if that ad was in my area, I would certainly go take a look.

The last CL ad that I went to see was listed exactly like that - it ended up being a 67 Aluminum case, had Webers and I sold the 915 for $700. You never know what somebody has til you see it - most of the time they don't know what they have.

T.C.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.