Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WooHoo. I passed.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
VegasRacer
Part of the requirements to keep my competition racing license is to have a thorough physical every two years. Last week I went in for my exam. The results for my EKG came back as abnormal. The doctor would not sign my medical release form and I had to make an appointment to see a cardiologist.

That exam was today. They have a treadmill and other stress test in the office.
For me, just having to go was more than stress enough.

I passed with flying colors. What a BIG relief. mueba.gif

campbellcj
smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif

Congrats...as I approach the big four-oh, these kinda things cross my mind a bit more often. I 'spose I should go in for a physical one of these years.
john rogers
Not sure about PCA and POC but VARA and HSR both require exams every two years and when you get to 60 they make it every year!!!!
campbellcj
POC exams start at 40...
Rgreen914
Last year, I was having these weird feelings while working out at the gym; sort of like a "gasp", or a "hiccup" while riding a recumbent bike (bad knees prevent my riding a stationary bike). Went to a cardiologist and he set me up for a "stress test," of sorts. Since my knees also prevent my using a treadmill for stressing, they had me on gurney, shot me with some drug to induce a "stressed" state (felt very warm all-over)and then did the EKG. Normal results did not end the testing and an angiogram was soon scheduled. This time the hospital staff gave me a tylenol and an antibiotic before going into an operating room; not nearly the drug-induced state I had been (mis-) lead into believing I would experience. Once inside the o.r., they literally shove a large diameter needle into your femoral artery, in your thigh, near your groin...VERY unpleasant procedure! Then they inject a dye into your artery and watch it progress through your heart on a tv screen above the operating table. Suddenly, the cardiologist asks me "why are you in here?" Now I'm freaked...HE's the doc and he's asking ME why I'm here!!! I figure, now I'm in deep bandini, until he adds, "there's nothing wrong with your heart!" RELIEF...at least until a nurse tells me, "you're not going to like me now" as he removes the abovementioned needle from my thigh! Removal of this needle was twice as uncomfortable as inserting it! I guess the end result was worth the discomfort! And I do mean DISCOMFORT!
BarberDave
smilie_pokal.gif
Hi: i am 65, last month i awoke at 3;00 A.M. with ( what i belived to be Chest pains) AKA Heart attack.
Went to E.R., 35 Hrs later and every test known to man. IT WAS , Indigestion , . but they just can't let you go home with out something to worry about. So he said he saw ,MINOR IRREGULARITIES, NEED TO LOSE WEIGHT,AND EXERCISE !!!!! Ok i can do that,
I guess it could have been much worse. Dave smilie_flagge6.gif rolleyes.gif smile.gif smile.gif
ArtechnikA
you have to know we're dealling with a 'momentum' vehicle (i.e. - underpowered...) when we think it's news that anybody passed anything !

glad you're okay!

---rich
(trying to get into shape for the AX/DE season...)
rhodyguy
wait until you turn 50. there are some real nice proceedures in your future ohmy.gif . i thought maybe you were refering to smog testing the car in the topic title.

kevin
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.