Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Finally idling ok!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Ian Stott
Still on the learning curve! Was shown by a racing engine guy what did what and why, we fiddled and adjusted and now my mileage is way better, engine runs smooth and idles at 900 RPM and now we can use the idle adjusting screw to change the idle. Big weekend for car people in this neck of the woods, Atlantic Nationals, Canada's largest car show. I will take lots of pics and a fellow club member is coming from the good old USA with his 914 6, I look forwrd to helping him in any way I can. Will make sure to take a picture of us eating a lobster if our guest likes lobster! Anyway glad my car is working good so I can participate in some of this weekends festivities.

Ian Stott
Moncton
Canada
rjames
QUOTE(Ian Stott @ Jul 9 2009, 05:43 PM) *

Still on the learning curve! Was shown by a racing engine guy what did what and why, we fiddled and adjusted and now my mileage is way better, engine runs smooth and idles at 900 RPM and now we can use the idle adjusting screw to change the idle. Big weekend for car people in this neck of the woods, Atlantic Nationals, Canada's largest car show. I will take lots of pics and a fellow club member is coming from the good old USA with his 914 6, I look forwrd to helping him in any way I can. Will make sure to take a picture of us eating a lobster if our guest likes lobster! Anyway glad my car is working good so I can participate in some of this weekends festivities.

Ian Stott
Moncton
Canada

No fair saying things are working as they should without providing what was needed to get to that point! chair.gif
r_towle
Ian, fear not...something else will break soon.

Rich
Ian Stott
We plugged a hole with a screw and some loctite that was in the choke plate(that's what I call it) and we adjusted the airvalve as way too much air was coming in, then turned the screw on the cpu back to where it should be and then cleaned the idle control screw, put it back in and actually had to open it a bit to bring the idle up to 900 RPM. I am sure it is not perfect but it is the best my car has run since I got it last year! And yes something else needs attention, when I go to highbeam the lights go out! Any advice on this issue much appreciated!

Ian Stott
Moncton
Canada
SLITS
QUOTE(Ian Stott @ Jul 10 2009, 05:38 AM) *

We plugged a hole with a screw and some loctite that was in the choke plate(that's what I call it) and we adjusted the airvalve as way too much air was coming in, then turned the screw on the cpu back to where it should be and then cleaned the idle control screw, put it back in and actually had to open it a bit to bring the idle up to 900 RPM. I am sure it is not perfect but it is the best my car has run since I got it last year! And yes something else needs attention, when I go to highbeam the lights go out! Any advice on this issue much appreciated!

Ian Stott
Moncton
Canada

Lights out on hi-beam ..... headlight relay is bad or both bulbs are burned out.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.