Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Quick question about installing GT Flares
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ellisor3
I can not find the thread but I seem to remember someone said that when installing GT Flares, you should move the front flares forward about 2 inches to allow for better steering clearance.

True??

This should not affect the placement of the GT Rocker Panels, right??

SirAndy
QUOTE(ellisor3 @ Jul 9 2009, 05:02 PM) *

True??

confused24.gif
carr914
Not True - You mount the GT Flares to fit your Rockers. Typically there is a ton of room in the front for wheel/tires to turn, in fact you usually have to space them out so they don't rub the inner wheel well

T.C.
r_towle
agree.gif

What I dont get is why this is a question that would even come up.

Lets take a look at the parts you have on the floor.
Fender flares.
Rockers.

The only part that MUST be located in a specific location (jack post hole) is the rocker panel.
If you put that on...the fenders go after that...simple a sweet.

Rich
ellisor3
QUOTE(r_towle @ Jul 9 2009, 09:22 PM) *

agree.gif

Fender flares.
Rockers.

The only part that MUST be located in a specific location (jack post hole) is the rocker panel.

Rich

Thanks, I could not get past that as well. If you move the flares forward the rockers will not meet. I am sure I read that in a thread but I can not find it now. There may have been an explanation, but I could not understand what it could be.
r_towle
QUOTE(ellisor3 @ Jul 9 2009, 09:39 PM) *

agree.gif

Fender flares.
Rockers.

Rich

Thanks, I could not get past that as well. If you move the flares forward the rockers will not meet. I am sure I read that in a thread but I can not find it now. There may have been an explanation, but I could not understand what it could be.

I keep seeing people that install the flares...then try to fit the rockers (some even buy the rockers after they weld the flares in place) and complain about the rockers not fitting.

This really is simple.
Put the rockers on....then line up the flares.

Rich
RiqueMar
QUOTE(r_towle @ Jul 9 2009, 06:42 PM) *

QUOTE(ellisor3 @ Jul 9 2009, 09:39 PM) *

agree.gif

Fender flares.
Rockers.

Rich

I keep seeing people that install the flares...then try to fit the rockers (some even buy the rockers after they weld the flares in place) and complain about the rockers not fitting.

This really is simple.
Put the rockers on....then line up the flares.

Rich

After having first witnessed one, and doing my own, I can only say the rockers are a godsend. Also remember that it doesnt have to be completely perfect, as you will need to do some body work on it after completion, but I think that goes without saying...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.