Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: This Car Is Going To Get Me Into So Much Trouble
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
iamchappy
This thing is ridiculous......I need way more will power in order to drive it sanely.... w00t.gif
Justinp71

I'm sure someone will trade you for a 4 cyl... biggrin.gif
ConeDodger
Especially driving it around Lake Minnetonka. I would be going insane around those curves... The only thing bringing me back to reality would be the traffic. driving.gif
iamchappy
I think it is getting close to being fully broken in ( 1200 miles) as it seems to have gotten a bit scarier on blast off.....
SLITS
Well, it is obvious that you have sufficient power.

Now, find a training class that teaches you not to press the loud pedal heavily or put a stop in where you can only get 1/4 throttle biggrin.gif .
iamchappy
This is an office park area that my wife works at. Mostly one ways very little traffic seen there on the weekends. Some great fun turns because there is also some elevation in this area. driving.gif
Cupomeat
What do you estimate is the peak power/torque from that turbo 3.1?
MDG
Hmmm. A blindingly fast, yet agile car. Great brakes. Twisty lake roads.

sounds awful.

Why don't you put that thing into the 914 World Motor Pool. We can take turns with it in order to remove the burden of risk off you (yes, this is a caring community).

And, we'll pitch in and get you one of these so you're not left without:

Click to view attachment
Phoenix-MN
QUOTE(iamchappy @ Jul 10 2009, 09:17 AM) *

This is an office park area that my wife works at. Mostly one ways very little traffic seen there on the weekends. Some great fun turns because there is also some elevation in this area. driving.gif

Is that the old "OPUS" site? I've been through there many times, yes, it is fun driving.gif
ConeDodger
Impromptu Gran Prix? Perfect...
iamchappy
Yes the Opus site....
lotus_65
QUOTE(iamchappy @ Jul 10 2009, 12:17 PM) *

wub.gif
my favorite (locally, anyway).
ripping those roads up on sunday mornings is motoring heaven.
jt914-6
Chappy,.....If you're like me (and some of us) it's hard to drive our hopped up 914's like an "old man"....... driving.gif shades.gif
rick 918-S
I think that's where the American Family complex is right? I've been in there! If I didn't have a GPS I would still be there trying to find my way out!

Hey Chappy! Let's go there next time I'm down! Maybe the metro cops will let us share a cell!

Oh, I need to check my timing first and correct the spark knock.
iamchappy
QUOTE(Cupomeat @ Jul 10 2009, 12:19 PM) *

What do you estimate is the peak power/torque from that turbo 3.1?

Dont know, but it's Enough.........

I do know that you've got to be pointed straight when it goes into warp speed mode or it will scare the living shit out of you.
r_towle
any idea how much power that motor is putting out?

Rich
iamchappy
Similar builds that i try to compare my engine to from those on the turbo forum on the bird board would say 380 to 420.

But mine is a little different than all those as my bore stroke is 97 x 70.4 which is a longer stroke with the SC rods than the 930 crank and rods have and is the same as the IMSA 935 engines that made upwards of 700hp. The longer stroke allows the engine to spin freer. Sc cams and early large port sc heads with a ported Euro intake and fuel head from an 86 930 is all good stuff.
The CIS will hold it back as it will run out of fuel before it can support much more than 420 hp. I am running an extra fueler 7th injector that gives a little extra more than the Euro fuel head can deliver.
The turbo hits hard which make things get so crazy fast, all you can do then is start looking well ahead down the road.
I've driven fast muscle cars, this is way different and faster than any car i've ever had in the past.
I know there are faster cars out there and the horsepower output is really moot as
i cant see any reason for having anything more than this.
tdiddy
Ah...the opus campus, god that place is fun even in my daily driver oldsmobile. Can't imagine what its like in your car!

We'll all have to go for a drive as soon as I get my car back on the road. Was hoping to get the case put back together tonight, but I'm missing a cam plug from my shipment. Grrrrrr...

I think I'm going to make it a point of just following you around when I get mine up and running, I'll never have to worry about a ticket because I'll look like I'm standing still next to that beast!
nsr-jamie
Have you any videos with sound ? Anything on You Tube? That would be fun to watch
pktzygt
QUOTE(nsr-jamie @ Jul 11 2009, 05:02 AM) *

Have you any videos with sound ? Anything on You Tube? That would be fun to watch

I was getting a little car-sick trying to watch your avitar over and over.
r_towle
QUOTE(iamchappy @ Jul 10 2009, 11:46 PM) *

i cant see any reason for having anything more than this.

I think you need to say that exact sentence to Rick Ollah...he will explain that you must be mislead and have a screw loose...and tap the back of your head for me.

There is ALWAYS a need for more power...no matter how much you have...

Once you get used to it....you will be looking for more...lol...

Seriously, you did a great job on the motor...I read you thread but you did not show nearly enough pics and details on the motor...its very pretty.

Rich
ottox914
Cool that you have it running (and not dripping) long enough to get it broken in, and start really enjoying the fruits of your labors. Looking at the topic of your thread, I expected to see after the photo of your car, an image of a pay me or go to jail ticket for 125 over the posted limit...
lotus_65
speaking of, how's the leakage? it sounds like it's under control...
iamchappy
leak is very minor now after driving it and letting it sit overnight there may be a nickel sized spot on the floor.

I am off to a car show at Samaritan tire on Minnetonka Blvd- 169, 1st place is a set of tires. 12-3
lotus_65
Hah, we drove 169 right by there not knowing about it. Sophie wanted to get home so I stayed on the highway instead of taking mtk blvd.

Did you win??? I could REALLY use a cheap set of skins! LOL
iamchappy
Nope, no win, a pimped El Camino took first, a lot of back to the 50's guys, some nice muscle cars, cobra and second place went to a -YUCK- Delorien.....

I met some new 914 guys that i introduced to the site. The crowd still enjoyed my car
and many did vote for it.
iamchappy
Lets try this, here is the car show today. Ollie cropped me out in the Big Daddy Ed Roth autographed remarque roadster picture. I was wearing my Rat Fink Tee shirt.
Saved the best for last......

Beautiful Summer Day in Minnesota..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_gJAVyqvFgw
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.