Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FS: Beautiful 1974 2.0 all original, in excellent condition
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
naro914
Hi all,
I had posted this earlier but things have changed a bit recently....A lady not far from me in Charlotte contacted me about her beautiful green 1974 2.0 car that she was selling. I was originally helping her to sell it, but I knew it needed a few things so I just bought it from her so I could get everything done. It's extremely nice, with everything there. It's been garage kept in North Carolina all it's life. She bought it in '79 from the original owner who purchased it new at the dealer in Charlotte.

I went through the car completely, and had John Forbes at Black Forest Racing do some maintenance work on it. I've driven it a bunch and it drives exactly as it should, and is very strong and tight. The mileage is correct at 71,000.

It even has a perfect engine sound pad in it.

Those that know me, know I like very nice cars and have a few great 914's, but I am a driver, not a concours guy. This car is definitly concours worthy but I am not a great detailer. Right now it is probably the cleanest car I have ever owned smile.gif

All original except the speakers in the doors and the luggage rack on the back. It's had the front deck lid repainted for stone chips at some point, and a few touch ups done so well that you cannot tell where.

What does it need? It needs new shocks... I think the ones on it are original!
EDIT: I just found out the clock doesn't work.... it worked a little bit ago, but not now.

Excellence Mag says this is close to a $19k car! I disagree, but I can tell you that it IS one of the nicest original cars you will find.

Here is a picture, but go to http://www.naroescapemotorsports.com/For_S..._914_Green.html for more pictures and details.

Price is $15,500 obo
Located in my garage in Charlotte

Give me a call (704.309.5499) or email me with questions or interest.
naro914
Updated
Gint
Pretty nice car.
naro914
still available. Going on ebay next week if no one is interested.
number6
QUOTE(naro914 @ Jul 10 2009, 12:59 PM) *

Here is a picture, but go to http://www.naroescapemotorsports.com/For_S..._914_Green.html for more pictures and details.

Beautiful car! The photo URL had an extra "74_914" thrown in, so here's the one that'll load, for those who'd rather just click smile.gif

http://www.naroescapemotorsports.com/For_S..._914_Green.html

Also, I was a little thrown at first w/ the photo viewer, thinking the JavaScript didn't like my browser...but it turned out the large photos load in the middle of the page, which needs to be scrolled horizontally quite a bit. Just an FYI to hopefully save some viewers head-scratching time.

I hope you get your asking price - you're definitely going to be leaving $ on the table w/ the holiday season and winter timing. Good luck!
Tom_T
QUOTE(naro914 @ Nov 19 2009, 08:26 AM) *

still available. Going on ebay next week if no one is interested.

Bob, IMHO you might be better served to wait out the holidays with an occasional "bump" here, 914club & Samba, until after the holidays when folks are busy & thinking of other things & business is trying to close-out the year. Then go full guns in mid to late January when business starts to come back to life. That's why home sales don't make a push until then. I think you'll have better luck then & may get your full price for this excellent 914 2L!

With this economy, this is just not a year where someone is going to get themselves or another a $15k Xmas gift like this! dry.gif

Good Luck!
Tom
///////
naro914
number6,
thanks for catching that. I did a little rearranging of the website and forgot to update the link here. It's fixed up on the OP.

I don't disagree about the timing, and will probably take your advice on holding till after the holidays. eBay is cheap advertising though, so I might post it up there just for a week or so. I think I only have it listed here anyway, and have maybe 3 people interested, but nobody stepping up right now. It's taking up space in my garage that I need, and could use the funds for my winter project list (see another post about all that!).

thanks for the input!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.