Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Atlantic City Classic Car Show
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
East coaster
Went to the Atlantic City classic car show last weekend and there were 5 914s there. Got pics of a cool black "gt" and a 914-6 racer. The black six was being auctioned as a 914-6 GT. It had a 914XXXXXXXXX serial number, but didn't have a hand throttle or 914-6 column (the key was in the column). It was pretty nice though, had GT seats and fiberglass hood/trunk/bumpers and unforuntunately fiber flares.

Anybody know these cars??
East coaster
Whoa....don't trip on those pipes!
East coaster
Nice seats!
East coaster
One more........
East coaster
This looks like fun!
jtf914
The 1972 914-6's had the ignition on the steering column, but they are pretty rare, and never officially imported to the US, its VIN would start 914243XXXX.

Thanks for the pics very cool!!!!!!!!!!

-Justin
Aaron Cox
those are KONIG seats in the black GT. i almost bought a pair <_<
Chris H.
Cool pics! What's the deal with the yellow car in the background of the black one?
djm914-6
I'm willing to bet that the black car is an AA 914/6 rare find! (What does happen to good VINs on bad cars)

Between the steering column keys, later bumper, "odd" seats and oil cooler lines on the wrong side for a factory 914/6 , something's not right.
East coaster
I don't doubt the black six could be cut and paste serial number, but for what it was it's pretty cool. The same guy who had the black six and the race car also had 3 stocker teens. One was a yellow 1.8, one was a green 1.7 and one was white 2.0. It was nice to see some 914s (5) represented at a decent car show. Last year same guy had a pretty tired looking tangerine six and it went for 18K at the auction.
djm914-6
Oh, don't get me wrong, it's a nice looking car, far better looking than mine. I wouldn't kick it out of my garage.
DuckRyder
Those mufflers on the black six are a tragedy.

otherwise it looks pretty sweet.
East coaster
Tim, Did that car sell at the auction or are you guys wrenching on it for the guy who took it to the show?? Just curious if it sold.
nein14
I saw the car at the show, when I started to ask the owner question about the conversion and he realized I was knowledgeable about the GT's he walked away.
The seats are not Konigs, they are the one's AA use to sell as GT seats in their old catolog.
anthony
What are the specs on the black car? How much did it sell for?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.