Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: damn mirror screw
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
tomkirkcis
Does anyone have the exact spec or source for the TINY screw that holds the interior rear view mirror to the mount tab on the windshield. The PO removed the screw . The mout tab is adhered to the windshield and and the mirror is sitting in the glove box not doing me much good.Thanks
william harris
Mine was missing too - so here is what I did - I took the mirror to my local hardware store - you know the local True Value where they have the whole row of small screws, etc. in the pull out drawers, found a brass set screw that matched the threads perfectedly, but it was much too long, bought two and took them home. Mounted screw in plastic clamps in vice and took my fine hacksaw blade - cut to desired length - 30 seconds later it is a perfect set screw. I used the hacksaw blade to cut a groove in the top of the screw for my fine common screw driver and mounted it. Has worked like a charm ever since. driving.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.