Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Tranny Swap..Engine Tin?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
kenpolives
I picked with a side shifter Tranny a few weeks ago and will be putting it into a 72 to replace the tail shifter. I have 99% of the linkage but I remember reading some where I need a new engine tin piece? Is this true and if so does anyone have a part number for the piece or a pic?
Thanks
rhodyguy
iirc, you don't need any engine tin to do the swap ken. you do need the firewall bushing that adapts the later shift rod to the early tubs.

kevin
brant
and a motor mount with different brackets and motor bushings..
b
kenpolives
Thanks for the info, I have the motor mount bar, My neighbor is a powder coater and he did it for free......
brant
cool...

the one thing often forgotten... (I know I did once).. is the little metal brackets that are specific to side shifters that the motor mounts go on.. (bottom of motor/above motor bar)...

don't forget them..
b
steve@ottosvenice.com
You will need:12,14 (2- R&L),16 (2),19
steve@ottosvenice.com
Here is a veiw of the linkage so you can make sure that you have all the bits. I would replace the bushings and cone screws for a nice tight shifter from the get go. Steve
rhodyguy
#24 is the one you need with the correct inside diameter for the shift rod and the correct outside demension for the earlier firewall opening. most vendors have them. the late model boot will not work without mods to the fire wall.

kevin
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.