Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Single Carb replacing boots
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
TMMorgan
I am having issues holding a low idle on a '75 1.8L that a friend is having me finish. I have not put a gauge on it yet but the boots were made from hose found in Home Depot that are highly suspect! Either way I am going to change them out. I have never replaced boots before. Am I going to have to remove the manifold intakes (and replace the gasket on both sides) to get enough space to insert the boots or is there enough play to move the intake rails (is that the correct term?) and squeeze the boot into place. I am ordering parts for next weekend and have not found a single source for the boots and gasket. I am trying to see if www.webercarbsdirect.com will sell parts from their WK297 kit. I want to make certain I have everything I need for the job. Thanks for taking a look.
Click to view attachment
SirAndy
QUOTE(TMMorgan @ Jul 12 2009, 03:36 PM) *

I am ordering parts for next weekend and have not found a single source for the boots and gasket.

That's because this is not a original setup. The 914 never came with a single carb.

You'll probably have to make your own boots ...
shades.gif Andy
ejm
The boots are the same as used on VW dual port engines like these. Slide the boots onto the manifold runners then unbolt the center section for clearance to remove and install the boots.

welcome.png
TMMorgan
QUOTE(ejm @ Jul 12 2009, 08:03 PM) *

The boots are the same as used on VW dual port engines like these. Slide the boots onto the manifold runners then unbolt the center section for clearance to remove and install the boots.

welcome.png

Thanks for the link. They are cheaper there then another site I found. Your description is perfect.

I appreciate the help.
raw1298
Thanks for the info! I was looking for these too. One step closer!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.