Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB: SS 2.0 HEs
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
bertsullam
Anybody have a set of 2.0 stainless heat exchangers for sale, or know where to look for a set? My original ones are about to fall apart. I don't see them anywhere for sale new, does anyone know who made the ones that are out there? Also, anyone have an opinion on how long a regular set of steel HEs will last?
Thanks,
Bert
Lavanaut
SSI made the stainless ones. They're getting really pricey these days used, too.

As for how long steel will last, depends on where/when/how often/etc you drive your car. smile.gif
Tom_T
QUOTE(bertsullam @ Jul 12 2009, 06:58 PM) *

Anybody have a set of 2.0 stainless heat exchangers for sale, or know where to look for a set? My original ones are about to fall apart. I don't see them anywhere for sale new, does anyone know who made the ones that are out there? Also, anyone have an opinion on how long a regular set of steel HEs will last?
Thanks,
Bert

AutoAtlanta still sells them - $600 per side I think! I've seen used on here & TheSamba for $400-600 for a set.

I got a used set off Samba for $450 a couple of months ago! smile.gif
bertsullam
QUOTE(Tom_T @ Jul 12 2009, 07:03 PM) *

QUOTE(bertsullam @ Jul 12 2009, 06:58 PM) *

Thanks,
Bert

AutoAtlanta still sells them - $600 per side I think! I've seen used on here & TheSamba for $400-600 for a set.

I got a used set off Samba for $450 a couple of months ago! smile.gif

Thanks for the pointer to AutoAtlanta. At least now I know where to find them new. I'll probably troll for used for a while.
Bert
kkid
There is one on ebay now. It looks like 2.0 HE and seems to be good condition. I think the price is good too.
watsonrx13
QUOTE(kkid @ Jul 13 2009, 01:42 AM) *

There is one on ebay now. It looks like 2.0 HE and seems to be good condition. I think the price is good too.

If this is the link to the eBay ad you're refering to, then NO, they are not 2.0l, they're the 1.7/1.8 style. You can tell because the end tubes curve up, the 2.0l are straight...

-- Rob
edwardb33
Bert, if you ware looking for a set of original one I have a pair off my 1973 which had 47k on it when they were removed.

Let me know and I can send you some pictures

ed
kkid
QUOTE(watsonrx13 @ Jul 13 2009, 10:14 AM) *

QUOTE(kkid @ Jul 13 2009, 01:42 AM) *

If this is the link to the eBay ad you're refering to, then NO, they are not 2.0l, they're the 1.7/1.8 style. You can tell because the end tubes curve up, the 2.0l are straight...

-- Rob

The one I was looking at should have been taken by someone else at buy it now price. It was only $350. It had straight pipes. Hope he will find a good deal soon. cheer.gif
914rat
If yours are not rusty why not have them welded up and keep running them?
bertsullam
QUOTE(914rat @ Jul 15 2009, 03:56 PM) *

If yours are not rusty why not have them welded up and keep running them?

They are pretty rusty, but you're making a good point. May be fixable. I will look into that when I remove them.

Thanks everyone, I found a pair of SS HE's and that transaction is in progress. This is a great site.

BTW I should probably delete this thread now, and according to the FAQ there should be a "Moderation" option at the bottom of the page. I don't get that... most probably due to my "lurker" status???
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.