Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Barber Motorsports Porsche 250
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
914four
Please forgive me if this is better suited for another forum but I would like to go to the Barber Motorsports 250 this year and have never attended this type of race. Can anyone offer advice on the best events to attend and what might need to be avoided? If anyone is familiar with Barbers and can offer advice on where the best views are I would really appreciate it as well.

Events are listed below:

Friday: 8am-5pm: Practice and Qualifying

Saturday: 8am: Practice & Qualifying
1:50pm: Skip Barber Race I
2:50pm: Koni Series ST Race (2.5 hours)

Sunday: 8am: Practice
8:20am: Koni Series GS Race (2.5 hours)
12pm: Mazda MX-5 Cup Race
2pm: Porsche 250 Race (Rolex Sports Cars)
4:45pm: Skip Barber Race II

$50 - 3 Day Admission Fri-Sun. (Tickets will be $55 at the gate)

$15 - Friday General Admission (Tickets will be $25 at the gate)

$30 - Saturday General Admission (Tickets will be $40 at the gate)

$30 - Sunday General Admission (Tickets will be $40 at the gate)

$15 - Paddock Pass (Tickets will be $25 at the gate)
Admits 1 person into paddock area. Pass good all 3 days. Admission ticket additional. Must purchase a paddock pass for all ages. Paddock pass allows access to pit area (photo & autograph opportunities). Ages 18 & under must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian in paddock.

ellisor3
Not to diminish the Barber but save your bucks and go to the Rolex 24 in Daytona in Jan, can't beat it. piratenanner.gif

I have never been to the Barber 250 but based on the Rolex, the paddock passes are great, you can literally walk in the garage. I would pay more just to do that and not even watch the race.
rwjames
I have been to Barbers many times but not for the P250.

I plan to go, but I haven't ordered tickets yet. I'm not sure if you can still order tickets and park in the Porsche Corral on the hill or not. If Bob Saville is lurking, he should be able to answer that question.

You do have access to the paddock area at Barbers. There are a lot of good viewing areas around the hilly track. The Porsche Corral will be on the hill across the track and that would be a good place to start.

Here is a link to buy tickets and free Porsche Corral parking.

http://www.barbermotorsports.com/2009-car-corral.php

The Rolex event is great, but you need to go to the P250 since you live right there in Birmingham.

If you decide to go, send me a PM and I'll give you my cell number.

Rich
maf914
I've been to the Barber Rolex race twice, but not in the past couple of years. Both of our trips were good. We enjoyed the races, the track, the area and found some good restaurants. chowtime.gif beerchug.gif

In our opinion, the only negative was the weather, hot and very very humid. Both events had some rain during the weekend and the result was a steam bath. We get that kind of weather in Savannah, so why drive to Birmingham? laugh.gif

I'm hoping that if the IRL goes to Barber next year they will team up with the Rolex series and race in the early spring for some better weather. I just wonder if the track can handle more fans than were at the Rolex races? idea.gif

But you live in the area so what have you got to lose? Go for it!

I also agree that you should give the Daytona 24 Hrs a try. We go every year and take an easy approach for a laid back weekend. If it's dry the weather is usually good and its a great way to start the new year.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.