Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What kind of brakes are these?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
RiqueMar
I got these as a present from my Dad, but I simply don't know what kind they are... 944?

IPB Image
IPB Image
SLITS
Looks like "M" calipers .... 911 style .... Spacer 7 or 10 mm? Bolt spacing 3" or 3.5" calipers.

Paging Salmon Boy to the White Courtesy Phone .... Paging Salmon Boy to the White Courtesy Phone.

Obviously I don't know but that doesn't stop me from posting.
RiqueMar
QUOTE(SLITS @ Jul 14 2009, 04:36 PM) *

Looks like "M" calipers .... 911 style .... Spacer 7 or 10 mm? Bolt spacing 3" or 3.5" calipers.

Paging Salmon Boy to the White Courtesy Phone .... Paging Salmon Boy to the White Courtesy Phone.

Obviously I don't know but that doesn't stop me from posting.

Hmmm, is there an archive I could try to visually match it to? Or a serial number or location?
914Sixer
Looks like some sort of wear sender on the spreader spring. Maybe MB or BMW.
turnaround89
don't know of an archive but eric shea may be able to identify them or just look at all the pictures of calipers he has on his site
PMB Performance
Eric_Shea
Wide A-Calipers better known as Carrera calipers. Same as an A-Caliper but for use with a 24mm (heavy) rotor.
RiqueMar
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Jul 14 2009, 10:53 PM) *

Wide A-Calipers better known as Carrera calipers. Same as an A-Caliper but for use with a 24mm (heavy) rotor.

I take that as a good thing? So I need heavy rotors? Any chance you might sell those Eric?
Eric_Shea
If you want them, I've got them. 24mm worth of rotating mass is the last thing I'd want on a 914 unless you have a rather large engine. It's the absolute worst place to add weight.

I'd trade them for regular A-Calipers (same pads, same pistons) and use the lighter 20mm rotors. I have those (A-Calipers and 20mm rotors) as well.
RiqueMar
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Jul 14 2009, 11:08 PM) *

...unless you have a rather large engine....

They where originally my Dads when he was going the 3.6 route, so that explains alot. I'll PM you...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.