Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What is this ?light? for?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
RiqueMar
I have this 6 dash, but I don't know what this red light is to...

IPB Image

Also, what is the order of "plug ins" that go here? I know they are buttons and knobs, right?

IPB Image
dr914@autoatlanta.com
the red light is nothing factory. Headlights - em flasher - driving lights - rear window defroster - headlight washer holes
Katmanken
That's easy...

I'ts a rare California option called the "redeye"

Every time the car heads west, the light lights up.

Think it is to warn Cali drivers that they are about to become submariners if they keep driving in that direction....
RiqueMar
QUOTE(kwales @ Jul 14 2009, 05:34 PM) *

That's easy...

Think it is to warn Cali drivers that they are about to become submariners if they keep driving in that direction....

Hmmm, wonder what it is for?
Pat Garvey
QUOTE(kwales @ Jul 14 2009, 06:34 PM) *

That's easy...

No...no, I think maybe it's purpose is to warn those NOT on Ca. that they should not enter the IOU zone. Other than that, I have no idea.
Pat
76-914
Is it spring loaded? ie, can you push the red lens inwards; like a push button? If yes, it might be a brake warning lite off a VW.
PanelBilly
Don't read any father Pat.....

Put the lights in any order you want. Unless the car is totallly OEM (and your isn't), make it the way you want. I changed mine to Headlights, foglight and em flash. I figured the fogs should be in the second position!
1970 Neun vierzehn
This from the originality/history forum.....

One of the holes to the right of the steering column would/could be for the r. window defroster, one would be for the cigarette lighter, and the last hole is for the windshield wipers/washer control for the 4 cyl. cars which, of course, wasn't used on the /6's.
RiqueMar
QUOTE(1970 Neun vierzehn @ Jul 14 2009, 08:44 PM) *

One of the holes to the right of the steering column would/could be for the r. window defroster, one would be for the cigarette lighter, and the last hole is for the windshield wipers/washer control for the 4 cyl. cars which, of course, wasn't used on the /6's.

Ok, now I'm really confused, as I have three holes to the right of the wheel???
type47fan
QUOTE(RiqueMar @ Jul 14 2009, 10:29 PM) *

QUOTE(1970 Neun vierzehn @ Jul 14 2009, 08:44 PM) *

Ok, now I'm really confused, as I have three holes to the right of the wheel???

In the photo above, the holes are there, just options not used in that car and, therefore, covered by the basketweave material. . . .
RiqueMar
QUOTE(type47fan @ Jul 14 2009, 11:39 PM) *

In the photo above, the holes are there, just options not used in that car and, therefore, covered by the basketweave material. . . .

Hey! Carlsbad!

Hmmm, maybe I'll be putting air vents in then....
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.