Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Removing 1987 911 SC Bearing Cap
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
turnaround89
I just received my 911 front end that i bought from Rusty Tubs, when he said the front end was complete, i thought crossmember, spindle assemble, and control arms....to my surprise i received the steering box and tie rods as well piratenanner.gif , Wasn't expecting that one, it also came with sway bars which made me really excited!!!!! These 911 brakes are enormous, my initial reason for getting the front end was because of the brake, but these are gigantic compared to 914 front calipers. Im feelin' awesome right now, just gotta get it on the car!!!!!

Anyway, heres my question. I need to remove the rotors from the spindle assembly, what would be an easy way to do this with all the suspension off the car? I noticed a notch on the hub, is that of any importance to what im doing?

Thanks everybody.
Joe Bob
Take the calipers off......loosen the allen nut.....spin off the bolt....
Van914
The notch is for access to the alen bolt to loosen or tighten.
turnaround89
I got them off, had to cut the tops of the things off and then latched onto them with vise grips and yanked them out. Once out, i figured out what the notch was for.

thanks everybody
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.