Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Was the BBS really slow for a while?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Dave_Darling
I was trying to read the BBS at work this afternoon--about 4 PM PST--and the site was responding reaaaaalllllyyyyy ssssslllllloooooowwwwwwwllllllyyyyyyyyy... Did anyone else experience that, or does it show in the logs? The problem could have been on my side, but the other sites I visit were OK.

I was going to upload my pics from the breakfast, but decided it wasn't worth the wait. Individual topic pages were taking several minutes to show up, and I gave up on the "reply" page after about 5 minutes.

Was it just me?

--DD
vortrex
yup was slow for me too. thought it was better, but just took about a minute to get the "reply" page to this post.
Joseph Mills
Same here. Slow. Around 5:00pm my time. I always attribute that to people jumping on their computers after work. But I'm not a computer person, so......

Seems to be okay now.....
jonwatts
I figured it was my IT department snooping on my web connection. Glad that doesn't seem to be the case (this time).
Jeffs9146
7:56 and is still ssssssssssllllllllllowwwwwwwwwww!!

Jeff
SirAndy
yes, it IS slow. one of the routers at our colo facility is giving up.
and they can't replace it until tomorrow. arrrggghhh, i guess that's what you get when you cheap out ... oh well. hang in there guys, should be better by tomorrow afternoon ...

Andy
Jeroen
Hey, it's working just fine again!

cheers,

Jeroen
SirAndy
very good. sooo, our 24/7 tech support only needed
10 hours to replace a dead router. impressive!
vortrex
hah...cisco probably shipped the wrong parts, or not enough parts. I've only seen that happen about a 1000 times. biggrin.gif
seanery
Andy,
It seems to be up to speed!
FINALLY, man it was draggin'!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.