Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Holy Rust Batman!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
JRust
Wowser! I knew the floor pans were not so good but icon8.gif . Front trunk is pretty bad. Rear trunk is surprisingly good? Guess I'll be saving that. Rear quarters aren't to bad. Geez can't wait to finish this off saturday & get it the hell out of my driveway. ar15.gif
RJMII
I just gagged a little....
McMark
Got a picture of the 'bad' front trunk? I'm on the lookout for something for my Phoenix.

Oh.... and barf.gif
JRust
I'll take a picture of the bad front. It's not as bad as the floor pan thats for sure. I'll get you some pics tommorow Mark. I'm hoping I can get the suspension ear & around for my 70. Seriously doubt it as that's the worst side of the car. Although it is mostly forward of that area. Still not holding my breath dry.gif
914Sixer
Lots of air~ gaps !!!
computers4kids
OMG Jamie, is that wood and nails holding your floorboards together? w00t.gif I hope this roller was cheap. laugh.gif You need to take your wife out to dinner for hauling that piece of sh**t home.
Todd Enlund
How is the firewall where the shift bushing / clutch tube exits?
dflesburg
Im thinking a couple cans of bondo and some primer and put that sucker up on ebay... LOL
Mark Henry
That's nothing!
You haven't seen rusty till you get a car held together by the shift rod and wiring harness.

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...466&hl=pile

That car I got 2.0 SSI's, 5 fuchs, 2 2.0 engines 3 trannys, new cables, etc etc....for $500
fitsbain
That's what mine looked like and it's almost back together.
JRust
QUOTE(McMark @ Jul 17 2009, 08:19 PM) *

I got your sarcasm. Mine was even dryer than yours. tongue.gif I just thought you were in love with I-5. driving.gif

Hey here is a pic of the front trunk! It's definately worth the drive to get it icon8.gif

It's actually much worse than it looks sad.gif
JRust
Dropped the drivetrain today. More pics of the engine bay icon8.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.