Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: porsche quiz
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
GreatPumpkin
http://turbo.discovery.com/quizzes/porsche.html
mike_the_man
I'm pretty sure that their answer for question #9 is wrong.

In 2003, Porsche introduced the Cayenne. The Cayenne was Porsche's first

a ) SUV
b ) Four door car
c ) Four wheel drive car
d ) All of the above

I answered A, but they tell me the answer is D. I'm pretty sure the Cayenne isn't the first 4 wheel drive Porsche. Lame...
jsayre914
7 out of 10

and i know nothing biggrin.gif
tat2dphreak
I missed the 2 cayenne questions... the one mentioned above is wrong, the 911 Carrerra 4s are AWD too... they are loco...
mike_the_man
And don't forget the 959! Pure awesomeness! I think the last question was wrong too, as A and B were both the same answer. It would seem Discovery needs to do some more fact checking.
904svo
QUOTE(mike_the_man @ Jul 16 2009, 01:09 PM) *

a ) SUV
b ) Four door car
c ) Four wheel drive car
d ) All of the above

I answered A, but they tell me the answer is D. I'm pretty sure the Cayenne isn't the first 4 wheel drive Porsche. Lame...

Wasn't the 959 a 4 wheel drive? used for the Dakara race.
tat2dphreak
QUOTE(904svo @ Jul 16 2009, 04:30 PM) *

QUOTE(mike_the_man @ Jul 16 2009, 01:09 PM) *

a ) SUV
b ) Four door car
c ) Four wheel drive car
d ) All of the above

Wasn't the 959 a 4 wheel drive? used for the Dakara race.

headbang.gif I did forget the 959... I didn't think it was an actual "production" release tho... at least not in the US...
busmech
Got 9 of 10. I hope everyone gets the 914 question right.
jsayre914
QUOTE(busmech @ Jul 16 2009, 05:39 PM) *

Got 9 of 10. I hope everyone gets the 914 question right.

I thought the engine sits on the garage floor,waiting to be rebuilt, in the 914 model
Cap'n Krusty
The last 2 questions were BS. The C4 came out in MY 1990. If you got 9 right, you had one of those wrong. There was no right answer on either of the last 2 questions .................

The Cap'n
zambezi
Click to view attachment
The Jagdwagen predates the 959 by at least 3 decades. Built between 1955 - 1958.
SLITS
8 out of 10

I thought the last real Porsche was made in about 1989.

And, at least they mentioned the 914 .... what a concept ... they finally recognize that they actually made the car.
zymurgist
OK, but what makes the 914 "revolutionary" when 356 #1 and the 550, both with mid-engines, predated the 914?
SLITS
QUOTE(zymurgist @ Jul 16 2009, 04:08 PM) *

OK, but what makes the 914 "revolutionary" when 356 #1 and the 550, both with mid-engines, predated the 914?

mass production!
JazonJJordan
QUOTE(jsayre914 @ Jul 16 2009, 05:12 PM) *

7 out of 10

and i know nothing biggrin.gif

blink.gif Uh.right there with ya...7/10...struck by Cayenne-nazi questions~ eep!

Oh well confused24.gif
Cap'n Krusty
QUOTE(zymurgist @ Jul 16 2009, 04:08 PM) *

And don't forget the 904, which was available in a street version, which actually sold for more than the race version. The Cap'n
pjhaun
Here is a quiz that all the 914 owners and take.

http://members.rennlist.org/bluethunder/testpage.htm

Have fun with tis test.

Phillip J. Haun
Oak Harbor, WA.

ConeDodger
There is no correct answer for the 914 question either... The 914 engine is generally mounted on an engine stand! chair.gif
6freak
QUOTE(mike_the_man @ Jul 16 2009, 02:09 PM) *

a ) SUV
b ) Four door car
c ) Four wheel drive car
d ) All of the above

D is correct its 4WD with the option of turning it off ....the other AWD does not have that option...you cant turn off AWD but you can turn off 4WD
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.