Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Funny True Story
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
nomore9one4
I have an 87 year old woman next door whom I have helped out on occasion. She calls me lastnight and says she has a few things in her garage from her late husband she would like me to have. I head over...she opens the garage door and what is sitting in a neat little pile. A set of six jackstands and a floor jack! Old people can be so cruel! w00t.gif
markb
av-943.gif happy11.gif
zymurgist
laugh.gif

No mound of rust with 4 tires?
JazonJJordan
dry.gif Check the attic/basement, I smell a project still brewing... chowtime.gif
carr914
I bet that old floorjack will out-perform a new one. My experience tells me that new jacks are good for 1 year and a day - then they are out of warranty

T.C.
nomore9one4
QUOTE(carr914 @ Jul 16 2009, 05:33 PM) *

I bet that old floorjack will out-perform a new one. My experience tells me that new jacks are good for 1 year and a day - then they are out of warranty

T.C.

Thats for sure.The floor jack is the best quality I ever had. The jackstands are pretty nice aswell,very lightweight and have the pin instead of those hungry rachet teeth.
She tell me her late husband restored Mercedes in his day. She has a Garage wall full of very prestigous awards he had one. Was also a longtime member of the Mercedes benz club of America. Apparently the President of the club purchased his last restoration shortly after his death. I would like to think he did not take advantage of the situation being a car guy and all. driving.gif
Dr Evil
Damn, you are too late. The 914 had rusted so bad that it vaporized sad.gif
URY914
Old American made jacks are gold!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.