Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Mystery T4 4-2-1 SS header....or who made it?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Mark Henry
Got this Stainless steel 914 4-2-1 header, it's a true 1-1/2"ID .060 wall stainless with 1 3/4" ID secondary and 2" ID main pipe.
No idea who made it, looks well done, all TIG welded.

No stubs so I'll have to make them or see if Chris will sell me a set without the flanges welded on. Plus I'll have to figure out a muffler.
Mark Henry
some close ups
Mark Henry
.060 wall....heavy man
Mark Henry
Last one, unless you need more?
Katmanken
Dang, a 4-2-1 too.....

Ya ought to let Jake give it a spin to see how it performs....

Ken
markb
Didn't I just see one of these, with the stubs, for sale recently?
Mark Henry
Got these off of Mike Galloway (mike's 914) he got it in a box of stuff given to him. I got a sweet deal on them.
Mark Henry
heres another angle
Mark Henry
slip tubes
jcd914
I am hoping you get an answer to this, it looks a lot like the 4-2-1 system on mine at home. I did not think mine was a SS and it came on a wrecked car I bought so I don't know it origin.
I'll look closer when I get home and see if the are the same. Not sure I care for how it wraps up by the starter but it looks like a nice system.

Jim
Mark Henry
It clears the starter by 1-1/2" at the front corner of the solenoid. Not an issue.

No T-stat .....damn. I wanted one too..... idea.gif sawzall-smiley.gif
ChrisFoley
Thats a Pete Weber Quiet Horsepower Header. Its the pre cursor to mine.
I doubt it is stainless, but its possible. Do the flanges have counterbores? If so, my Improved stubs probably fit. Even if not, my stock stubs probably fit.
Mark Henry
QUOTE(Racer Chris @ Jul 16 2009, 09:09 PM) *

I doubt it is stainless, but its possible. Do the flanges have counterbores? If so, my Improved stubs probably fit. Even if not, my stock stubs probably fit.

Yep not stainless, they're ceramic coated. Hard to tell with all this crap on them. How do you clean that?
Should have them re-coated though.

For sure a bolt on? I do have access to a TIG to weld flanges on.

I guess this is a 1-5/8" header?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.