orange914
too many serious post lately barf.gif

2 simple rules... heres how it works:

(my definition is:)
1]to be a 914 owner you of a must be of an anul retentive mindset
(examples are:)
A] can't sleep, rethinking if you set the valve train geometry right
B] acually enjoy and follow post like "name this part"

SEE it's not that hard. what's your definition of a hard core teener'?
montoya 73 2.0
A hardcore Teener must have a good set of Jackstands!
underthetire
and can't spell

ANAL
orange914
QUOTE(underthetire @ Jul 16 2009, 09:45 PM) *

and can't spell

ANAL

see... anul biggrin.gif
buhs914
teener owners have to have some kind off odd personality trait or specialty.. at least that's what i've noticed from being on this forum lol
Dr Evil
They tend to be nerdy and if they think they are not, they are fooling themselves only.

They tend to like the lost cause.

They are pessimistic optimists; that will probably brake, but I can fix it.
pktzygt
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Jul 17 2009, 03:01 AM) *

probably brake,

Can't spell/use the correct form of a word is top of the list.
dflesburg
Welding Skills are required.
swl
CSOB of course.
SUNAB914
A bunch of metric tools, and a cooler of beer.
ws91420
One project car

Enough parts for three cars.
stepuptotheMike
The ability to smile and answer repeatedly "no..... it's not a FIAT"
Joe Bob
You take a rusty tub apart for the fasteners....then can't find them when you need them.
One word...

Sadistic

Damn, did I spell that correctly??

KP
Katmanken
Typical 914 owners have rust flakes all over their garage floor..

Typical 914 owners will buy a car with an amount of rust that normally would be considered terminal, and then fix it up.

All typical Cali 914 owners have rust free 914's, all typical east coasters have rusty POS 914's.....

Typical 914 owners have never used the search function on the website.

All typical 914 owners are opinioned, and each believes they are the most right....

Typical 914 owners go out of their way to help others with their problems.... grouphug.gif
QUOTE(stepuptotheMike @ Jul 17 2009, 09:43 AM) *

The ability to smile and answer repeatedly "no..... it's not a FIAT"

If it has Weber Carbs it is prolly at least part Fiat.......... av-943.gif
tat2dphreak
masochistic
truly believes beauty is in the eye of the key holder
content with a 4cylinder radio... turned up to 11 of course smile.gif

I totally agree w/ Dr. Evil... I'm a geek and always have been. I took on the 914 BECAUSE I knew nothing about it, it takes a nerd to want to learn that way biggrin.gif
Sleepin
Usually fairly decent people in general.

Usually like brew or botany...or both. ohmy.gif

Usually don't like actually moving anything in their garage, just because it is hard to roll anything without wheels on it.

Usually on the lookout for another 914, and hoping they find that "barn /6"

Usually have more parts cars than they admit, because the one "project" really is a parts car.
RiqueMar
QUOTE(Sleepin @ Jul 17 2009, 08:45 AM) *

Usually like brew or botany...or both. ohmy.gif

Hahaha av-943.gif
ahdoman
Cuts all over your hands (from sharp engine tin corners), oil on your forehaed, and a flat spot on the back of your head from lying under the car.
Smitty911
Ability to make irratonal decisions, based on Percieved value of unknown outcome.

VaccaRabite
According to some of the attitudes around here lately:

Barely contained rage.

Zach
Zundfolge
QUOTE(7275914911 @ Jul 17 2009, 08:15 AM) *

One word...

Sadistic

Damn, did I spell that correctly??

KP

You sure you didn't mean Masochistic?

I also think a little bit of low self esteem helps too ... since its not a REAL Porsche and all.
thtiming
The typical 914 owner either has a very understanding spouse or is looking for a divorce attorey that understand the division of property goes like this: I keep the cars, she can have the house.

Today's my wife's and my anniversary. At breakfast I was presented with a sweet Martini Racing jacket and new gear shift knob for the 914. 85.gif
messix
QUOTE(thtiming @ Jul 17 2009, 10:46 AM) *

The typical 914 owner either has a very understanding spouse or is looking for a divorce attorey that understand the division of property goes like this: I keep the cars, she can have the house.

Today's my wife's and my anniversary. At breakfast I was presented with a sweet Martini Racing jacket and new gear shift knob for the 914. 85.gif

lucky guy.....she must have been a guy in a past life!

oh ...... a 914teener is apt to spend double the cost of the car on a engine conversion that won't increase the value of the car even fractionally.
computers4kids
lives in a constant state of denial.
For example: I can change my car back to original in a weekend. biggrin.gif
jhadler
Magically manages to get many,many years longevity out of a single set of street tires...

Car on jackstands = no tire wear... biggrin.gif

Guilty as charged...

-Josh2

ericread
The typical 914 owner usually has problems with logic.

For instance, complaining about people who would destroy the stock resale value of their car by upgrading their fuse panel, while working on their V-8 conversion...

Or how about those who complain about those unpatriotic members that buy foreign made parts, for their German car...

laugh.gif
neil30076
biggrin.gif
Has a problem reading manuals ( if they even own one) , so would rather post a question on a BB than get out the book - as I just told someone on the 'other' site to do and got flammed for it rolleyes.gif
QUOTE(Zundfolge @ Jul 17 2009, 12:11 PM) *

You sure you didn't mean Masochistic?

There you see is another one....

Very Confused!!
pjhaun
Here is a test for hard core 914 owners.

http://members.rennlist.org/bluethunder/testpage.htm

Have fun with this test.

Phillip J. Haun
Oak Harbor, WA.
scotty b
Broke ass, beer swilling, perverted, overly intelligent ( or so they think ), "mechanically creative " ass hats with gigantic shlongs.

Oh and bloody knuckles, burned jeans, and grease stains, bondo, and paint permanently affixed to their fingers

jmill
QUOTE(scotty b @ Jul 17 2009, 07:50 PM) *

Broke ass, beer swilling, perverted, overly intelligent ( or so they think ), "mechanically creative " ass hats with gigantic shlongs.

agree.gif 6 out of those 7 describe me perfectly.
Pat Garvey
QUOTE(scotty b @ Jul 17 2009, 06:50 PM) *

Oh and bloody knuckles, burned jeans, and grease stains, bondo, and paint permanently affixed to their fingers

Prety close, though I don't use bondo, and prefer either sour mash or that gorgeous "shine" from the mountains of North Carolina, or single malt. or.......

I also think we prefer having something unusual, maybe an underdog. I also like whipping the snot out of snooty cars at a concours!
Pat
computers4kids
QUOTE(pjhaun @ Jul 17 2009, 04:57 PM) *

http:///members.rennlist.org/bluethunder/testpage.htm

Have fun with this test.

Phillip J. Haun
Oak Harbor, WA.

Did I pass?
tat2dphreak
[quote name='jmill' date='Jul 17 2009, 08:17 PM' post='1192669']
cool.gif--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(scotty b @ Jul 17 2009, 07:50 PM) *</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->

[/quote]

agree.gif 6 out of those 7 describe me perfectly.
[/quote]

me too, but I prefer Jack and coke to beer...
pjhaun
QUOTE(computers4kids @ Jul 17 2009, 07:17 PM) *

QUOTE(pjhaun @ Jul 17 2009, 04:57 PM) *

http:///members.rennlist.org/bluethunder/testpage.htm

Have fun with this test.

Phillip J. Haun
Oak Harbor, WA.

Did I pass?

Mark,
I fixed the web site. At the end of the test there is a self scoreing section. How did you score?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.