Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Help, the damn thing keeps stalling out.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
golfczar2
Hello 914 group, I need help with this problem, which I have taken to two mechanics, (one of which owned a 914 at one time) and am still plagued by this problem. The car stars fine, runs for a couple of miles then cuts out. I can sometimes keep it running by goosing the pedal till it re-revs but sometimes it will stall and I have to pull over and re-start it. Once I pull over, and re-start , it may run fine for a while or the engine may immediately die again.

Here is what I have done so, which hasn't solved it but just depleted my 1975( l-tronic) 914 account.

Rebuilt intake air sensor
new auxillary air regulator
Rebuilt fuel tank and new fuel filter
mechanic tightened and soldered any loose wires found.

Any suggestions would be appreciated,

Golfczar
Ian Stott
Mine was acting similar when I first got it and when I neatened up the wires around the coil and distributor it never happened again. Your problem seems to be a wiring related issue, I know your mechanic went over it and I may be wrong but that is what cured mine.

Ian Stott
Moncton
Canada
Millerwelds
Recently had a similiar issue. Mine happened to be a pinched fuel line. Are you running a fuel pressure gauge?
Joe Bob
Fuel filter.....
r_towle
Fuel pressure regulator.
Its a rising rate one on the L-jetronic.
See what your idle fuel pressure is when cold.
See what you idle fuel pressure is when hot.

Two things could go bad.
The fuel pump could be dying...or the regulator could be dying.

Rich
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.