Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Spring spacers....
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ME733
I enjoy the soft (er) ride that has evolved of the last 36 years from my TIRED original springs...The rear is about one half inch lower than I prefer. The question is ..does anyone make "spring spacers" which would allow the continued use of my old soft springs. this is a street car only....period. advise appreciated.
Joe Bob
Why don't you simply lower the front end......lot's easier....
underthetire
QUOTE(ME733 @ Jul 18 2009, 08:33 AM) *

I enjoy the soft (er) ride that has evolved of the last 36 years from my TIRED original springs...The rear is about one half inch lower than I prefer. The question is ..does anyone make "spring spacers" which would allow the continued use of my old soft springs. this is a street car only....period. advise appreciated.

The local kragens sold coils spring spacers. Just little rubber blocks that slip in the coil. Don't know how well they work, but hey they were cheap.
paroxysm
one time when I was younger I chopped the springs on my 68 mustang too much and ended up using the rubber blocks to raise it up, they're still in there 12 years later.
ME733
QUOTE(mikez @ Jul 18 2009, 11:46 AM) *

Why don't you simply lower the front end......lot's easier....

Well mikez, I am trying to maintain SOME ground clearance., I am using 205-50 -15 tires...and the backup set of 195-60-15s are virtually the same diamenter/height....and I just don,t want to HAVE to install a steering rack,tie rod spacer kit to maintain a proper alignment/ front end geomentory (sp)....However the alternative, as you have pointed out, is to lower the front end. If I have to do this it will require a complete ,castor ,camber,toe ,ackerman effect, check on the front end alignment......more work I know, than stuffing in a couple of spring spacers. shades.gif
r_towle
You may want to consider purchasing new springs in the stock spring rate....they will lift the rear back up again and they produce a very subtle ride....

If you cant or dont want to spend the money on new, I probably have a set of slightly used (a week..then I bought 180 lb springs)

50% off whatever the average retail ones are is good with me.

Rich
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.