Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: It's hot in California
914World.com > The 914 Forums > The Paddock
Randal

Well my tomotoes are happy as they are finally seeing some heat during the day.

I was out working on the 944 this afternoon, but had to take a break when it went over 90 degrees. Working on the tarmac with no shade.... Hot.

After 5:00PM I'll get back out there.

underthetire
QUOTE(Randal @ Jul 18 2009, 05:25 PM) *

I was out working on the 944 this afternoon, but had to take a break when it went over 90 degrees. Working on the tarmac with no shade.... Hot.

After 5:00PM I'll get back out there.

LUCKY
107 in brentwood ! ( not OJ Brentwood)
J P Stein

I have a ton of tomatoes.....but none ripe yet. They are waiting to all get ripe at once so we will be inundated. The cucumbers are gettin' harvested tho. Middle 90s for the past few days but gonna cool off the the middle 80s for the all of next week. That is perfect, IMO.

My shop stays cool if I keep the doors closed......but somehow that don't seem right during sunny weather. confused24.gif
Randal
QUOTE(J P Stein @ Jul 18 2009, 08:14 PM) *

I have a ton of tomatoes.....but none ripe yet. They are waiting to all get ripe at once so we will be inundated. The cucumbers are gettin' harvested tho. Middle 90s for the past few days but gonna cool off the the middle 80s for the all of next week. That is perfect, IMO.

My shop stays cool if I keep the doors closed......but somehow that don't seem right during sunny weather. confused24.gif

Took a risk and planted in March, but got through the frost period OK. Hard to believe it's mid July, with tons of fruit, still mostly green.

koozy
I'm lucky enough to have a wife that planted stuff for us or I'd be shit outa luck. Cukes have been on the table for a while now. Some kind of small, sweet orange tomatoes find their way to the plate too. Fruit is falling off the trees. Apricots (the tree has got to be over 40 years old, frikkin HUGE), 3 kinds of plum (on one tree, would ya believe), apples, figs. Cherry harvest was small this year since we had one of the two trees get some kind of crap with the trunk and had to be removed. We need another one for proper pollination. The neighbor's tree is too far away for the bugs to travel, I guess. Raspberries were good this year. One plant was more than enough to have our fill and then some. Musta been a lot of work to get that stuff to go so well. Maybe I shoulda helped a bit more, though she likes workin on the plants and I like workin on the car. Seems to fit ok. Come to think about it, I kinda like her too... I'm one lucky bastard.
grantsfo
Randal, It was over 100 at Hoopa. I was walking around with a white towel soaked in ice wated on my head most of the day! It was so hot people with open cars were burning themselves on rollcages! My themometer in the Boxster said external air temps were 110! Many cars were overheating by the top of the hill.

Speaking of the hill. The TPR Boxster turned a 2:23 up the hill on first day and I broke shift linkage second day. Boxster is a great hillclimb car given it has an open diff and low power. A boxster with an LSD and some HP would be dangerous there!
Randal
QUOTE(grantsfo @ Jul 21 2009, 11:29 AM) *

Randal, It was over 100 at Hoopa. I was walking around with a white towel soaked in ice wated on my head most of the day! It was so hot people with open cars were burning themselves on rollcages! My themometer in the Boxster said external air temps were 110! Many cars were overheating by the top of the hill.

Speaking of the hill. The TPR Boxster turned a 2:23 up the hill on first day and I broke shift linkage second day. Boxster is a great hillclimb car given it has an open diff and low power. A boxster with an LSD and some HP would be dangerous there!

Hoopa has always seemed hot to me and I guess it hasn't changed.

Wish I'd been up there with "222" to have a go, but maybe next year.

Good time, congratulation.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.