Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fog/driving lights - recommendations?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jjbunn
I'd like to attach some fog (or driving) lights to my 914, but am unsure what size will fit. Are 4" fogs correct ? Is the threaded mounting hole in the front a standard size for a bracket? Do I really need fogs specific to the 914? I'd welcome some tips, especially on which brands people have fitted and are happy with.

Thanks!
GeorgeRud
The original ones should be available as used units, but they are not very good as fog lights. Many people have installed the Pilot lights that are sold widely. Camp914 also has a premade bracket available to mount them using the stock mounting location and bolt. If you want a bolt-on solution, I'd contact him for the kit. It's the closest in size that I've seen to the stock lights, and is actually much more effective than the factory units.
RJMII
George, do you have a link on the Pilot lights you were recommending? I'm contemplating posting my originals for sale and replacing them with something a little more modern.
montoya 73 2.0
camp 914
BarberDave
smilie_pokal.gif

I tossed the stock "fog " driveing lights 2 yrs. ago for the Pilot's . I really like

the lights , brighter ,and seemto be a couple of steps up for the stock ones. My

only complaint is the mounting bracket I fabed up can't adjust them right.

I will place a order with Camp 914 tommrow A.M. ,I was not aware the someone

made a bracket for the Pilot's. Thanks for the info . Dave slap.gif
ericread
QUOTE(BarberDave @ Jul 19 2009, 06:49 AM) *

smilie_pokal.gif

I tossed the stock "fog " driveing lights 2 yrs. ago for the Pilot's . I really like

the lights , brighter ,and seemto be a couple of steps up for the stock ones. My

only complaint is the mounting bracket I fabed up can't adjust them right.

I will place a order with Camp 914 tommrow A.M. ,I was not aware the someone

made a bracket for the Pilot's. Thanks for the info . Dave slap.gif

Good move. The Camp914 Pilot Lights are really high quality. I installed them about a year ago and have never been happier with my front night-time illumination.

Eric Read
gerziebaker
What model # Pilot lights. Are they fog or driving lights?
montoya 73 2.0
QUOTE(gerziebaker @ Jul 19 2009, 10:04 PM) *

What model # Pilot lights. Are they fog or driving lights?

I put some on mine and they work great! I tried to get from Autozone at first but they never had them in stock. Get them from Craig (Camp914), he's a good guy and a decent price.
Mark Henry
Demick was the first to do a proper "how to" complete with bracket plans (PDF), part numbers and wiring instructions.
http://members.rennlist.com/demick/lights.html

In Canada you can get pilot lights from any Redstone dealer (ie Canadian tire, many FLAPs, Go shops,etc) special order, mine cost $75can w/tax.
Camp914 has a nice SS bracket, but it's not hard to make if you have fab skills.
xperu
QUOTE(jjbunn @ Jul 18 2009, 10:56 PM) *

I'd like to attach some fog (or driving) lights to my 914, but am unsure what size will fit. Are 4" fogs correct ? Is the threaded mounting hole in the front a standard size for a bracket? Do I really need fogs specific to the 914? I'd welcome some tips, especially on which brands people have fitted and are happy with.

Thanks!

I used a set form Camp914, You can find the Piolt lights at different vendors/auto parts stores, but the bracket from Camp914 are made special for the correct fit, I'm very happy with mine. Mike smoke.gif smoke.gif
underthetire
I'm all about supporting the 914 guys, but over twice the price is a little much.
Just got a set on Amazon for 30 bucks with free shipping.
Cupomeat
How about the 75-76 fog/driving lights?

My car did not come with the welded bracket on the bumper steel.

Any suggestions?
Chris Pincetich
+1 on Camp 914 as THE solution
ALSO, then you'll want to surf over to JWest engineering and get his electrical upgrade so that the fog lights can be turned on independent of the headlights and serve as true driving lights. I ALWAYS have mine on since my low 914 is so easy to overlook on the road beerchug.gif
jjbunn
QUOTE(ChrisNPDrider @ Jul 20 2009, 04:06 PM) *

ALSO, then you'll want to surf over to JWest engineering and get his electrical upgrade so that the fog lights can be turned on independent of the headlights and serve as true driving lights. I ALWAYS have mine on since my low 914 is so easy to overlook on the road beerchug.gif

Thanks for all the advice ... I just placed my order with Camp 914. cheer.gif
montoya 73 2.0
QUOTE(ChrisNPDrider @ Jul 20 2009, 04:06 PM) *

I did a little Foglight Rewiring until I bought the JWest Fog Flash . Both are fairly easy to understand and do yourself. I recommend either!
Mark Henry
QUOTE(ChrisNPDrider @ Jul 20 2009, 07:06 PM) *

Driving lights mod is a very simple rewire, even I figured it out.
The JWest kit just makes it flash from the turn signal lever (high beams).
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.