Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Porsche VW merger.....
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ME733
The proposed Porsche VW merger...is Intrestering....since the very begining of Porsche as CAR manufacturer, VW and porsche, utilized same sourced german/sub assembly manufacturers...1) there is / was available a VW to porsche 356 interchange parts list available (some years ago).Interchangable with the VW beetle...and as the 914 people have realized there are parts from VW,s...that will interchange....steel wheels are one example.(there are some differences of course, but they will bolt up.)...etc. etc..So the proposed merger may be just a tempory solution to alleviate the anxiety of employees of both companies during these tough economic times, as well as german investors of both also.Its a logical move for both of them . popcorn[1].gif
zymurgist
On the downside, somebody pointed out in the other merger thread that if the bean counters control Porsche, lots of parts that are still available will become NLA. sad.gif
Randal
QUOTE(zymurgist @ Jul 19 2009, 11:54 AM) *

On the downside, somebody pointed out in the other merger thread that if the bean counters control Porsche, lots of parts that are still available will become NLA. sad.gif

We have all seen what happens when the financial guys take over a car company, i.e., GM for one.

A sad day IMHO.

Drums66
It almost was inevitable, you could see it coming
I saw it in the stars. idea.gif popcorn[1].gif
Porcharu
I bet a lot of it has to do with meeting new CAFE standards.
GeorgeRud
However, don't the Porsche and Piech families own a whole bunch of the stock and voting rights in both? Somehow, I don't think they will want to give up too much control.

But, on the other hand, if it's just the offspring of the families at this point, they will probably only be interested in seeing how much money they can make on their inheritance, they may not have too much interest in running the business. It's never the same once a business passes through too many generations.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.