Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: push rods?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
bernbomb914
my push rods spec out a 10.375 inches which is shorter than stock? I am confused as to why they need to be shorter than stock in order to achive proper geometry. Where can I get shorter than stock push rods? the ones you buy that are adjustable can only be shortened .375 inches.
some how some thing is screwed up.
parts used:
Web cam 163/86b
Ceramic lifters
78.8 stroker crank
96mm clynders with .160 spacers
swivel ft adjusters
1.7L rockers

WTF

Bernie
DNHunt
Bernie

I'm sure being an older guy like me you realize that when something doesn't seem right that there are 3 posiblilties. 1) you screwed up and you need to stop and recheck things. 2) you misunderstood things or mismeasured or missed something and need to stop and recheck things. Or 3) something is all fu*ked up in your head or the engine and it will become apparent if you wait awhile (clue have a few beers and look at it in the morning), so stop and recheck things. Patience is a virtue that comes with age.

Besides tomorrow someone will have a better answer than mine.

Dave
rhodyguy
did everything come in kit form? <_< . if so i would imagine they're correct.

kevin
McMark
Ceramic lifters are longer than stock lifters.
cgnj
Bernie,

You are close. I'm running the same setup except with a smaller shim (.140). My pushrods are about 10.5 in.
I used aircooled.net for my pushrods.
Here is how I setup mine.
Installed .60 shim. Rotated motor to max at cam and adjusted pushrod to get specified lift. Rotate to half lift. Eyeball the geometry. Repeat adding or subtacting shims or adjusting pushrod to get the proper geometry at half of your net lift. Give up lift to keep good geometry. You may not get the specified lift. I think I was able to get within .015. My pushrods were about 10.5 in.

I'm anal, I did every single one. You will need to do at least one intake and one exhaust.

Here is a motor that used the .180 shims.

STF rocker geometry

Check three or four times. Cut once.

Carlos
bernbomb914
Thank you for the info. should I use the chrome moly push rods instead of the alum. ones? I have taken about .090 off the rockers to get more space for the floppy foot adjusters. taking one spring off may help with the adjustment.

Bernie
Mark Henry
QUOTE(markd@mac.com @ Mar 6 2004, 07:31 PM)
Ceramic lifters are longer than stock lifters.

agree.gif

They are hydro lifter length.

This is a custom install with good CrMo pushrods always.
cgnj
Hi,

I used HD Al pushrods. In the future, I will use Cr-Mo pushrods and run zero lash. I used checker springs. Aircooled may have them. One stop shopping and shipping.

Carlos
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.