Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: dropping the engine
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
raw1298
Iknow I read it and now I can't find it. Where is the thread that has the step by step instructions? On a sad note I now have 2 cars on jack stands. smile.gif
Grelber
The Tech section on the Bird Board (Pelican Parts) has step by step instructions.
McMark
I think you're looking for OUR tech articles.
raw1298
Thars the one! Thanks, I am almost ready. Need to get the tool for the CV bolts. It looks like a 12 point. I have an extra bolt so I can fit it at the store.14 bolts to go!!
MDG
What Mark said; I used his write up when I did mine for the first time. Printed it out, took it into the garage with me, followed along - easy peasy. Good luck with the drop.

and I'm sure it's been said before but nice write up Mark thumb3d.gif

raw1298
It is 106 outside right now. I will finish when it is cooler. Only mounting bolts left. Thanks for the write up and to Ron, the guy who is buying the car when I finish the drop. He has done 50 or so of these cars and explained everything to a "T" just like the write up. Can't wait to see what he does with this car when I'm done! Time for a beer! beer3.gif
Cupomeat
BTW, where is the write up on how to put a 914 on Jack stands???

happy11.gif
raw1298
I think we would all benefit from the thread that tells us how to avoid buying jackstands. smile.gif
r_towle
Notice that no one has written and article about how to take a 914 off of a set of jack stands?

Makes you wonder.....

R
raw1298
Engine is out and the car is off the jackstands. piratenanner.gif It was easy with all the help from the thread. Thanks Mark! Now to clean up the engine and switch the tailshift for the side shift. Things are moving along nicely! The engine is definatly a fresh rebuild, and the clutch, flywheel and pressure plate as well as the throw out bearing are fresh as well! This car was a better deal than I first imagined. Now to get it all into the 72 and be ready for the next WCR!! Tahoe here I come. driving.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.