Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: tranny fluid fill up
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
nycchef
while changing the shifter console on my tranny, i occasioned to lose a bunch of fluid. does any one have a method to get the fluid from the can up into the fill hole ? while we're here what kind of oil should we use. confused24.gif
r_towle
a 1 quart bottle of gear oil will fit if you go from the back passenger side.
You have to squeeze it, but no hose is needed....just the squirting tip on the end.

Use GL5 normal gear oil, whatever you find locally.
DO NOT use synthetic.

Its something that lasts for a very long time.
the syncros are made for normal dino oil...synthetic is actually not good for these trannies.

I get 75/90W oil that is GL5

Rich
nycchef
QUOTE(r_towle @ Jul 19 2009, 08:50 PM) *

a 1 quart bottle of gear oil will fit if you go from the back passenger side.
You have to squeeze it, but no hose is needed....just the squirting tip on the end.

Use GL5 normal gear oil, whatever you find locally.
DO NOT use synthetic.

Its something that lasts for a very long time.
the syncros are made for normal dino oil...synthetic is actually not good for these trannies.

I get 75/90W oil that is GL5

Rich

thanks rich, am just waiting for my cb performance linkage to come and car should be on the road this weekend
jmill
I use a pump. They sell them at most auto parts places. You can even use an old Orange grit soap bottle pump and a piece of hose( just clean it good first).
yeahmag
Yup. Cheap pump from a FLAPS. Messy, but way easier on you then the squeeze bottle.
Chris Pincetich
After I removed the rear anti-roll bar there were holes in my trunk that I could thread a hose through. Now I have a funnel attached to a thin hose, just thread the hose through the trunk and into the transaxle then pour (slowly) into the funnel. beerchug.gif
nycchef
QUOTE(ChrisNPDrider @ Jul 20 2009, 03:01 PM) *

After I removed the rear anti-roll bar there were holes in my trunk that I could thread a hose through. Now I have a funnel attached to a thin hose, just thread the hose through the trunk and into the transaxle then pour (slowly) into the funnel. beerchug.gif

managed to squeeze in 2 1/2 bottles with no problem, started to overflow, stuck in the plug, got it right first try... wait, i never get anything right on the first try. crap i bet my tranny doesn't work now. w00t.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.