So I work in the quality control department at an aerospace machine shop, and there's this very old-school machinist named Larry that also works there doing manual rework on parts. He mostly works alone and keeps to himself, and all the younger guys seem afraid to talk to him because he's kinda rough around the edges (typical old machinist) and he's got this 'grumpy old man' persona. However, I've kinda buddied up to him due to our mutual love of cars. He's got an '07 (I think) GT mustang that his son-in-law (who works for SVT) gave him, that has all kinds of this dude's custom fab work into it. Everything on it looks so much better than what you can buy. It's his baby, to say the least.
Well today, just for giggles, I said, "Hey Larry. If I can't afford my new tires before the next autocross, can I borrow your Mustang?" He looked at me, cracked a tiny little smile, then muttered something to himself that nobody else in the room could understand and walked out. I looked at my buddy, Abby and said, "I didn't hear him say 'no'. Did you?" To which he replied, "Maybe you should've offered him a Klondike Bar." biggrin.gif I like my job!
Mark D.