Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: Aint she purty
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
Dr Evil
Finally got the proof and framed it smile.gif Now dont call me Mister, I didnt spend 4yrs in evil medical school to be called mister. smile.gif
ConeDodger
Congrats Dr. Mike biggrin.gif

From Dr. Rob PhD...

Cupomeat
Looks like they spelled your name wrong...

Just Joking! biggrin.gif

Congratulations! beerchug.gif
zymurgist
Riiiiiiiight.

Click to view attachment

Congratulations! Now it's time to get working on your Evil Lair™.
carr914
Congratulations

T.C.
kfish914
Congrats... that takes a lot of work
Sleepin
Sweet! Congrats!
Joe Owensby
Congrats. JoeO
914four
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Jul 21 2009, 10:55 PM) *

Finally got the proof and framed it smile.gif Now dont call me Mister, I didnt spend 4yrs in evil medical school to be called mister. smile.gif

Congratulations Dr. Evil! There is a lot of hard work to earn that "proof". 150.gif
JRust
Congrats DR. EVIL! Can't wait till your rounds bring you here for my tranny biggrin.gif
Gint
Congratulations Mike.
r_towle
Congrats it looks like you are getting really good with photoshop.

Rich
MrKona
Congratulations Dr. Evil. Nice job!
Dr Evil
tongue.gif

That piece of paper took 8yrs, and $250K+. Its weird to think I started in the online 914 community back in early undergrad. I have known many of you since then.
Elliot Cannon
Doctors make the worst pilots. lol-2.gif
Congradulations Doc.
blackmoon
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Jul 21 2009, 09:40 PM) *

tongue.gif

That piece of paper took 8yrs, and $250K+. Its weird to think I started in the online 914 community back in early undergrad. I have known many of you since then.

Congrats Dr. Evil
TravisNeff
Congratulations!
rick 918-S
Congradulations Mike!
PeeGreen 914
Nice work Mike piratenanner.gif
azbill
Dr. Mike - Congratulations! If anyone deserves that degree you do I know it was a lot of hard work and sacrifice on your part. Now comes the next phase residency. I hope you will get what you want and where you want to be.

Bill Shaffer
EdwardBlume
Awesome dude! I'm very proud of you...
Jakeodoule
Congrats!!!
I didn't know they gave out Dr. degree's in transmission rebuilding...
Good on ya!

turboman808
Thats very cool.
championgt1
Nice job DOCTOR! aktion035.gif
shoguneagle
There are a few times when I feel proud and honored; This is one of those Special Times. Congratulations, Dr. Mike. It has been an honor in knowing you and your objectives.

Steve Hurt
markb
Well done Dr Mike!
stephenaki
Congratulations.
watsonrx13
Congratulations Doctor... aktion035.gif

-- Rob
GS Guy
Way to go Doc!

Hope this doesn't wreak havoc with the ER for crusty old 914 transaxles!

Cheers,
Jeff
blitZ
Congrats, hard work, pays off.
VaccaRabite
Awesometastic dude.

I can still call you dude, right? or is it Dr. dude now? smile.gif

Zach
6freak
8years! Dedication is a bitch ...but know your done ...Congrads smilie_pokal.gif
iamchappy
GREAT JOB! I wish you the best now that you are an official Dr. Mike
type11969
Congrats!
JoeSharp
Yeah, what they said....
KOOOOOL Dr. Evil
URY914
Wow- the stuff you can get on eBay these days. biggrin.gif

Now can you get us some good meds?
nsr-jamie
I don't know you but congratulations!! Hard work always pays off!! Excellent work!!!!!!!!!! beerchug.gif beerchug.gif beerchug.gif
Ian Stott
I am experiencing some lower back pain and was wondering........................................................ Ha! Get used to that! Congrats from Canada!

Ian Stott
Moncton
Canada
tat2dphreak
congrats man!! !
zymurgist
I tried to get Babydoll to post to this thread... no dice. sad.gif Nonetheless, I will post what she told me:

I'm speechless. But it's wonderful... he's a real doctor now. Our little Dr. Evil is all grown up.
brant
that is so great

congrats Dr. Mike!

Joe Bob
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Jul 21 2009, 07:55 PM) *

Unless you are in England.....I believe Mister is the term used for the MD that is a surgeon.....
underthetire
Now that your a doc, I have this rash........

Congrats. My doc barely speaks engrish.
Scott S
VERY cool!!
Congrats!!!!!! beer.gif
Katmanken
Wow!

Congrats!!!!

Has the celebration hangover worn off yet?
Spoke
Congratulations Mike!

Where will you head now or is beautiful Pennsylvania your goal?
degreeoff
aktion035.gif well in 10 years you'll be able to pay that debt off with a years salary!

Good job Doc, I mean it Doc, Doc, Doc, has a nice ring to it eh?
Al Meredith
congrats, where to from here?
Zaney
Great Job!!!!

What is your specialty in again?

beer.gif
Nate
Dr Evil
QUOTE(Al Meredith @ Jul 22 2009, 01:11 PM) *

congrats, where to from here?

Thanks for all the kind words, all smile.gif

I am currently taking a year off to get my MPH on line. That is why I have lots of time to BS on the boards. That is also why I am living off of my transmission work dry.gif

I will be applying for residency this Sept. I would like to do emergency, but I may have to go into family (my second choice) or even psychiatry (my third choice, but I kick ass in psych) due to the current market. This last match cycle found many new doctors scrambling for positions and getting their 3rd pick of career. This is due to the fact that programs have not increased their numbers of slots, but med school have significantly increased their number of students. Really dumb. Most programs are operating in the red in that they are paying out of pocket for some of their residents. The way residency works is that medicare pays for places to train residents. Thus, they determine how many you "need." This is dysfunctional. Most emergency departments are under staffed and even after paying to train some residents out of pocket they are still understaffed. With my MPH I should have an edge over the competition which will make it more likely that I will get what I want. The board scores for EM used to be from 185 (passing) to 210. This year it started at 210 as people who had aspirations of being surgeons were relegated to being EM docs. Everyone loses in that deal as now you have doctors who are unhappy and those that wanted the job are going to have to settle for another field where they will be unhappy, etc.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.