Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: brake master cylinder r/r
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
bel
I purchased a 19mm brake master cylinder and it is slightly different than the m/c in my car (also a 19mm) The one in the car has 2 electrical wires attached to it. the new m/c has a singl post to connect a wire to it.

Any ideas on how to properly wire this new m/c. The old one had a solid wall to seperate the 2 electrical posts. The new one has a rubber button type thing in the center but only one electrical post.

The car has 2 wires but I don't know what to connect. all the photos of m/c replacements show the hood over the wiring so i can't see what their wiring looks like.

Thanks for any help
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(bel @ Jul 22 2009, 10:44 AM) *

I purchased a 19mm brake master cylinder and it is slightly different than the m/c in my car (also a 19mm) The one in the car has 2 electrical wires attached to it. the new m/c has a singl post to connect a wire to it.

Any ideas on how to properly wire this new m/c. The old one had a solid wall to seperate the 2 electrical posts. The new one has a rubber button type thing in the center but only one electrical post.

The car has 2 wires but I don't know what to connect. all the photos of m/c replacements show the hood over the wiring so i can't see what their wiring looks like.

Thanks for any help

just do not connect the brown ground wire. the switch grounds through the master cylinder
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.