Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Changing 6 cyl. oil line
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
xsurfer
I have a stock 6 cyl. I have to replace the oil line from the bottom of the tank to the union at the oil cooler line. Any tips, absolute don't , or absolute do! The line should be here tomorrow. Does the tank have to come out?

Thanks

Gene
SLITS
Simple answer is YES unless you have found a magic wrench that will fit up in there and some very small hands that can screw it back on the fitting.

Then you have to angle it just right to avoid the hose hitting the metal work.
Heeltoe914
Gene Its Leamon Drop by and I will lone or help you get it in I have the special Magic tool and nice soft hands. biggrin.gif
MDG
I just got both lines from Germany; replaced the line to the oil cooler because the old one split and dumped a puddle. That one, of course, is easy.

If you come up with a solution for doing the one coming out of the tank please post the results. Like Slits said, mystical bendy wrench and tiny little hands . . .

I think my tank will be coming out on the weekend.
9146FAN
You don't need to remove the tank. I just installed a new hose on my new tank. I installed the tank first, and then installed the hose.

Remove the left rocker and use a 36mm crow's foot and a 3/8 extension with a wable-joint on the end.

Here's the tools I used, it was very easy.

Good luck.

Click to view attachment
xsurfer
QUOTE(MDG @ Jul 22 2009, 09:25 PM) *

I just got both lines from Germany; replaced the line to the oil cooler because the old one split and dumped a puddle. That one, of course, is easy.

If you come up with a solution for doing the one coming out of the tank please post the results. Like Slits said, mystical bendy wrench and tiny little hands . . .

I think my tank will be coming out on the weekend.

Before you take the tank out. Patrick over in Phoenix has all three lines in stock.
Being a casualty of the economy I just am replacing the one. The oil cooler one is easy compared to the tank bottom line.
Jeffs9146
I have pulled mine a few times and never had to remove the tank!!
SLITS
I am a CASOB. The cost of the crowfoot causes me to remove the tank. biggrin.gif
MDG
QUOTE(9146FAN @ Jul 23 2009, 12:39 AM) *

You don't need to remove the tank. I just installed a new hose on my new tank. I installed the tank first, and then installed the hose.

Remove the left rocker and use a 36mm crow's foot and a 3/8 extension with a wable-joint on the end.

Here's the tools I used, it was very easy.

Good luck.

Click to view attachment

I'm liking this - thanks for the tip.

m.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.