Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Playing with fiberglass
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
904svo
After three weeks work and many changes I finally got it to fit on the engine.

Click to view attachment

Now the hard work starts getting the air flow right.
McMark
Neat! That's a ton of work.
Mark Henry
Cool! (pun intended)

Does it have 2 T1 fans?
Almost looks like like you're trying to tie in the T4 fan too???? tell us more.
904svo
It uses 2 type 1 fans the old fan is just being used to align the belt it will be removed when I figure out how to connect up the ac pulley.
Sleepin
Awesome fiberglass work!

I have a buddy that hammered his 550 kit fan shroud out of aluminum, a lot of work involved! I need to get pics and post them one of these days!
Mark Henry
QUOTE(904svo @ Jul 23 2009, 10:51 AM) *

It uses 2 type 1 fans the old fan is just being used to align the belt it will be removed when I figure out how to connect up the ac pulley.

OK, just wondering why it comes out so far in the area the stock fan shroud would be (bottom left pic, bottom left corner) ...looks like it sticks out further than the head. could be just the angle.
904svo
QUOTE(Mark Henry @ Jul 23 2009, 07:43 AM) *

QUOTE(904svo @ Jul 23 2009, 10:51 AM) *

OK, just wondering why it comes out so far in the area the stock fan shroud would be (bottom left pic, bottom left corner) ...looks like it sticks out further than the head. could be just the angle.

The placement was dictated by the mounting bracket for the alternator, which
needs a extension on it. I'm trying to design it to fit with very little changes to
the engine.
effutuo101
Very Nice! beerchug.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.