Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT The kind of guys that hang around here..
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
sww914
Now I've met several people from the 914 boards over the last couple years and I must say I'm impressed. Solid, stand-up guys every one. I've become friends with a few now, all good guys.
Come to think of it, I'm probably the biggest turd of the bunch except for Cliff Braun. smile.gif

Nah, I liked him so much I gave him a job.
messix
most are a bunch of asshats! lol-2.gif
Porcharu
I have the same experience. I have met about 20 or so members and I would say they are way better than most people I meet or work with. I chat with Mueller a lot these days since we both have 3 year olds and 30+ year old Volvo's.
Chris Hamilton
Ha! you give him a summer job working on porsches, and what does he do? Prances off to Alaska! The nerve...
sww914
With his mommy.
Ferg
biggrin.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ymzh7YAlZng
Katmanken
Steve,

Haven't you figured it out yet?

Almost all of us are locked up in Penal Institutions, and we use this site to communicate back and forth. Most of us are really bad guys, and the Warden doesn't suspect a thing.

We usually send family members or guys that get out of jail to the meetings...... happy11.gif
Chris Hamilton
Steve, you need to come up to Marina for our next GGR autocross. We could give you a ride in the blue machine.

( The fast one, sorry cliff )
sww914
Thanks Chris!
I haven't had a good autocross experience yet. I feel like they beat the crap out of my car and the courses have all been slippery. I remember I spent $40.00 to run an autocross for a total of 3 minutes of run time. I like to practice, doing laps over and over and improving over each runs session. Autocross is like a puzzle rather than practicing. BAM! You're done.
That said, I may make it there sometime. I've been doing a lot of sailing lately. If one plans to sail the the world like I do one must practice. There's that practice thing again.
r_towle
Just needed to add this...
r_towle
Of course, any good sailor needs wenches
Chris Hamilton
QUOTE(sww914 @ Jul 24 2009, 10:03 PM) *

Thanks Chris!
I haven't had a good autocross experience yet. I feel like they beat the crap out of my car and the courses have all been slippery. I remember I spent $40.00 to run an autocross for a total of 3 minutes of run time. I like to practice, doing laps over and over and improving over each runs session. Autocross is like a puzzle rather than practicing. BAM! You're done.
That said, I may make it there sometime. I've been doing a lot of sailing lately. If one plans to sail the the world like I do one must practice. There's that practice thing again.

You'd have fun at Marina. How does an average of 10-16 timed runs sound? We're gonna put some real tires on cliffs car and I think it'll really come into it's element there. He just needs to man up and buy some goodyears or hoosiers.
sww914
He probably won't man up.
I think he'll princess up and take a set of free Hoosiers that another friend of mine is giving him.
Chris Hamilton
Now that's more like it!

Are these coming from GPR?
sww914
Pizza- Thanks Rich.
Pirate girls- yes, I like pirate girls. I really like pirate girls.
Tires- Not GPR, Greg Braun.
Gooood morning everyone!
ahdoman
Steve,
When are we going to see pics of the new shop and lift!?
Porcharu
Too many Steve's around here if you mean me I have been trying to get back out the Marina for some time - always a conflict. I used to run my old GTI there about 5-8 years ago. The new shop is not ready to show (still setting it up) and I don't have a lift - yet.
Steve.
Chris Hamilton
Steve W: got any pics for us of the new shop and lift?
sww914
The new shop won't take effect until next week and the lift is in the back of my truck. It just looks like a pile of filthy blue metal at this point, as you can see.
The boxes are a HF oil drain and under-lift stand.
The plastic bag is a toe gauge for $5.00. I couldn't say no.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.