Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: new porsche
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
oldschool
just pick-up a one owner car,looking forward to getting her all cleaned up. smilie_pokal.gif
Van914
Looks like a great car!
Congrats!
bdstone914
QUOTE(oldschool @ Jul 23 2009, 12:54 AM) *

just pick-up a one owner car,looking forward to getting her all cleaned up. smilie_pokal.gif

Looks like a nice car. You may want to move the thread to the garage where more people can see it unless it is for sale.

Bruce
jim_hoyland
Congrats ! beer.gif White looks great
Sleepin
Even a beer to celebrate! Very nice!
ruddyboys
Congrats, looks great!!
SGB
5-lug already?

White is a good color for das teener
johannes
More pics !!! ... Looking great ! ...
Cupomeat
Looks like american Eagle knock off-empis, not 5 lug.

Get some good two tone Fuchs which I think look the best with a white car.
oldschool
QUOTE(bdstone914 @ Jul 23 2009, 06:48 AM) *

QUOTE(oldschool @ Jul 23 2009, 12:54 AM) *

Looks like a nice car. You may want to move the thread to the garage where more people can see it unless it is for sale.

Bruce

yeah how do I do that ? more the post.
oldschool
QUOTE(Cupomeat @ Jul 23 2009, 09:50 AM) *

Looks like american Eagle knock off-empis, not 5 lug.

Get some good two tone Fuchs which I think look the best with a white car.

whats the most economic way to go 5 lug?
Rand
Look this over:
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=21671
Cupomeat
Right, Rand, that is a cheap(ish) way to get to 5 bolt for the rear. Add to that $425 5 bolt rotors and you are ready to roll (in the rear) and have the added benefit of new bearings and bushings plus pretty trailing arms.

For the front, the best low cost way is to find a set of used 911 struts/spindles with rotors and calipers as a set. They are out there and you just need to make sure you have the right ball joint in your a-arm and the caliper isn't too big to be used with your 17mm MC. Once you get the used set you'll probably want to replace the strut cartridges and get the calipers rebuilt, so this might run $1k or more, depending on what you pick up the struts/spindles for.

There are cheaper ways, like adapters, but I think this is the way to go.

Hope this helped.
burton73
A low dollar way that is still safe is to buy this set up from me. It was on Army Dudes Car with a V-8. I am going to a tricker set up on my new car. $300. for you and as you are in Pomona you can pick it up in West LA. No core charge of $100. for the trailing arms. Just bolt them up. The front will just go on your suspensions.

Bob
Click to view attachment
Tom_T
What color is the interior?
oldschool
QUOTE(Tom_T @ Jul 24 2009, 12:06 AM) *

What color is the interior?

its black so check out the hell hole help hissyfit.gif welder.gif
Tom_T
Jeeez Louise! ...there's almost a remnant battery tray there!

....time for the new tray/support kit & then some!

btw - I was hoping it would be tan/beige as "inspiration pic" for my early73 2L resto back to the OE Light Ivory with Beige interior! dry.gif
oldschool
QUOTE(Tom_T @ Jul 24 2009, 12:55 AM) *

btw - I was hoping it would be tan/beige as "inspiration pic" for my early73 2L resto back to the OE Light Ivory with Beige interior! dry.gif

tom were do I go to get a kit? type.gif
914four
Nice find!
Rand
Time to get out the ice pick and poke around... Under the battery tray where the frame rail meets the lower firewall, then from the bottom, with rocker panel off, all around the frame rail, lower firewall, jack post, etc.
bembry
QUOTE(Tom_T @ Jul 23 2009, 11:55 PM) *

Same here--I've got a white/beige 73 2.0--Great combo!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.