Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Closest to OEM quality loop carpet for a 914-6?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
javadog
I'm thinking of replacing the original carpet in a 1971 914-6. It had the gray loop carpet originally. I was going to send off for some samples from several companies but I first thought I'd ask to see if someone has been down this road before. I'm not looking to change the type of carpet in the car to felt, sliverknit, etc. so I am only looking for recommendations that relate to the type of carpet originally used in the car.

Anybody already have this figured out?

Thanks,
Jeff
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(javadog @ Jul 23 2009, 07:57 AM) *

I'm thinking of replacing the original carpet in a 1971 914-6. It had the gray loop carpet originally. I was going to send off for some samples from several companies but I first thought I'd ask to see if someone has been down this road before. I'm not looking to change the type of carpet in the car to felt, sliverknit, etc. so I am only looking for recommendations that relate to the type of carpet originally used in the car.

Anybody already have this figured out?

Thanks,
Jeff

we have the closest to date now. A very good quality charcoal loop just a little lighter than the original. The original kits are very very expensive as they are all nos, and the carpet has not been available for years. We put a kit together for the 914 limited edition (a car we did with no expense spared!)

Also as a good color match, the 916 had installed from the factory, the cut wool (hardigan??) which is the exact color but is of course not loop
tat2dphreak
Also Check out Morph's Carpet from 914ap.com, decide what you like best...
IronHillRestorations
Autos International has the best carpet kit's I've personally seen, expect to pay though.
javadog
QUOTE(9146986 @ Jul 23 2009, 11:57 AM) *

Autos International has the best carpet kit's I've personally seen, expect to pay though.

I ordered some samples from them last week and received them today. The closest they have is a long ways off from what Porsche used. I'll order samples from the other two companies mentioned in this thread and see how they look.

Thanks,
Jeff
r_towle
World Upholstrey.

Rich
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.