Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: Florida land
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Tom
Hey Florida folks,
Does anyone have any good information on this development near DeLand, Florida? I have a couple of lots there, been in the family for 40 years. I'm nearing retirement and would like to get as much info on these as possible to be able to make a decision about selling.
Thanks,
Tom
Katmanken
Deland has sure changed from the sleepy little town that it used to be. Per Florida in general, it's not the best time to sell. There are areas where almost every house is for sale due to the economy. And, we are talking upscale ones too.
Cap'n Krusty
As always, Google is your friend ................... Or, in this case, a friend bearing bad news .................................

A quick search (hey, why didn't I think of that?!) yielded this 4 year old newspaper article:

http://www.nieworld.com/special/floridaque...awaytimes26.htm

It appears that, If there indeed any highlands there, they're probably reefs ...........

The Cap'n
Tom
Thanks for the replies.
Cap'n Krusty, your computer is obviously communicating with you better than mine. That's my story and I'm holding to it.
I did look and found both good and bad things being put on the web. I was hoping someone local could see this and give me an honest opinion of what they see.
Really hoping I didn't get a bad investment from my dad back in 1970's. Should have spent that money on a 914/6 and preserved it.
Thanks again
carr914
Well, right now Florida is home of the over-built real estate, 12% unemployment, wasteland. Now is not the time to sell unless you are dumping and want to lose money. Joe O'Brien is living over there now I think.

T.C.
type2man
If I was you , I would plan on a vacation and come on down and see exactly what you own. I have driven through the area you mention and there isn't much there at all but who knows, you might have bought in a good area.
URY914
Thousands of "lots" were sold in the '50-'70's which were never developed. Southwest Florida has miles of roads installed but no houses yet. Northwest Florida has lots but no roads. Blame it on them Northerners selling a dream.

Good luck
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.