Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Vents on a Six dash...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
RiqueMar
Has anyone ever done/seen this? I really like the look of the later cars that have vents on the sides of the dash.

Can this be done? Anyone ever tried?
SLITS
You, Sir, have more than adequately demonstrated that you have way to much time on your hands.
RiqueMar
QUOTE(SLITS @ Jul 23 2009, 06:54 PM) *

You, Sir, have more than adequately demonstrated that you have way to much time on your hands.

I don't know if that's good or bad? confused24.gif
sixnotfour
dont F up the six dash , but if you really want one with vents , I have one I will trade for yours plus $
GeorgeRud
I'd concur. The side vents don't really blow that much air, and the six dash shouldn't be cut up as it will affect the car's value in the future. If you really need more air, take the top off, that's why it's a targa to start with! driving.gif
RiqueMar
QUOTE(GeorgeRud @ Jul 23 2009, 08:36 PM) *

I'd concur. The side vents don't really blow that much air, and the six dash shouldn't be cut up as it will affect the car's value in the future. If you really need more air, take the top off, that's why it's a targa to start with! driving.gif

Hmmmm, we shall see.... idea.gif
SLITS
agree.gif

For the money you would lose changing the six dash, you could have an S.O. who would fan you while you drive for airflow. A few dinners, shows, flowers and small gifts would go a long way for airflow.

Or, you could possibly remove the flapper valve to body channel hose, run a duct on the bottom of the car and connect a hose to the body channel. This could flow some air into the compartment.
RiqueMar
QUOTE(SLITS @ Jul 23 2009, 09:27 PM) *

agree.gif

For the money you would lose changing the six dash, you could have an S.O. who would fan you while you drive for airflow. A few dinners, shows, flowers and small gifts would go a long way for airflow.

Or, you could possibly remove the flapper valve to body channel hose, run a duct on the bottom of the car and connect a hose to the body channel. This could flow some air into the compartment.

It's not just a matter of airflow, I'm being subjective.

I'll see. Half the time when I'm doing something new, I black out and come to when I'm almost done. I really can't be held accountable for my actions...
Cap'n Krusty
Piece o'cake. You merely replace the dash substructure, cut and relocate the steering column tabs, and replace the main dash assembly. The dash top remains the same. BTDT, the other way around..

The Cap'n
dflesburg
What I think would be really cool is...

If someone would make my wing windows open and close like an early 911.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.