Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Busted stud going into pedal cluster - Suggestions?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
rbmorrisiii
So when loosening one of the rear nuts holding the pedal cluster plate in (interior side) I completely broke the stud. It basically sheered flush with the floor of the car.

Now what?

Is the stud a bolt thats welded to the underside?

I'm just after function here, but don't want the solution to be hideous. Drill it out? Forget about it, and coast with three nuts in? Drill a new hole/insert new bolt/stud?

What do you think?

Thanks!
drive-ability
QUOTE(rbmorrisiii @ Jul 23 2009, 09:41 PM) *

So when loosening one of the rear nuts holding the pedal cluster plate in (interior side) I completely broke the stud. It basically sheered flush with the floor of the car.

Now what?

Is the stud a bolt thats welded to the underside?

I'm just after function here, but don't want the solution to be hideous. Drill it out? Forget about it, and coast with three nuts in? Drill a new hole/insert new bolt/stud?

What do you think?

Thanks!

I wouldn't worry, you can drill it out and install a flat headed stud. I would think you could also just go with 3. I wouldn't its too easy to drill and replace it with a nut bolt combo. But you can see what I did to my car and consider the source. LOL
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.