Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Anyone plan on going?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Millerwelds
http://www.cambercruise.org/index.html

I just came across this and it looks pretty interesting. Anyone plan on going?
strawman
QUOTE(Millerwelds @ Jul 24 2009, 09:50 AM) *

http://www.cambercruise.org/index.html

I just came across this and it looks pretty interesting. Anyone plan on going?

Yeah, I think I'll go. We've been to a few California Auto Museum events (my 12 y.o. "princess" daughter even enjoyed a father-daughter engine building workshop there last year!), so this goes to a good cause. Of course, my car is still on the rotisserie, so I'll only go to gawk at the cars. Let me know if you wanna meet there.

I think I'll also go the Reno Swap Meet at Arco Arena the next morning. Its focused on old cars, and even though there might not be much Porsche-related stuff, I like to look at old car pieces...

Geoff
ConeDodger
I have begun working the occasional weekends and unfortunately that is mine... I would have loved to do that. I love blues music and Mick Martin is among the best locals. See you guys tomorrow?
strawman
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Jul 24 2009, 01:49 PM) *

I have begun working the occasional weekends and unfortunately that is mine... I would have loved to do that. I love blues music and Mick Martin is among the best locals. See you guys tomorrow?

Hi Rob --

Unfortunately, I've got long-standing plans tomorrow. Give my best to all the Sacto area folks!

Geoff
Justinp71
I just sent in my reg form to put my 914 in the show! Its not really a show car, but I think it will be alot of fun.
THE STIG
I'll be there as well. My good friend Joe is helping put it on! Jeoff, Justin, See you there!
Justinp71
QUOTE(THE STIG @ Jul 24 2009, 05:09 PM) *

I'll be there as well. My good friend Joe is helping put it on! Jeoff, Justin, See you there!

Are you bringing a car into the show?
THE STIG
My 914 of course. That will be 4 that I know of.
Justinp71
This is from the website,

"Can my Car Club or group park and cruise together? Cars will be parked as they arrive at 20th and J Streets, so if you would like to park and caravan together, you will need to arrive together. We suggest you find a “staging area” to meet up (you are welcome to use the Museum’s parking lot) and then travel together down J Street to be directed into the parking area together. Then, when we begin the Cruise, you’ll be directed out onto J Street together as well."

So I guess we should find a meeting spot outside the show...
biosurfer1
I'll be there too
Millerwelds
I had not thought about registering the car. It is in primer and by no means show quality but it is pretty straight and with a little cleaning can be made to look real good from 10 feet or so.

How many are showing thier cars vs just coming to look?
biosurfer1
I'm showing my car and could care less how well it does:)
Justinp71
My car has some primer showing too! From what I've heard there trying to build a crowd, so the more entrants the happier they will be...
Millerwelds
What the hell, more is better. I'll register for the show as well. Any ideas on where we should meet up?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.