Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: quick electrical questions...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
RJMII
The blue wire from the dash in the engine compartment... (I'm thinking it is the wire for the alternator light in the dash)

Is this the wire that feeds the field wire for the charging system?

How much current is it rated for?

Is it fused?

(I'm trying to get my charging system in my turbo V6 integrated with the original stuff. high powered new alternator, NOT single wire)
Phoenix-MN
I have a diagram I created when I wired up a Delco alt for my V6 conversion. I post it tonight after I get home.

Paul

QUOTE(RJMII @ Jul 24 2009, 09:26 AM) *

The blue wire from the dash in the engine compartment... (I'm thinking it is the wire for the alternator light in the dash)

Is this the wire that feeds the field wire for the charging system?

How much current is it rated for?

Is it fused?

(I'm trying to get my charging system in my turbo V6 integrated with the original stuff. high powered new alternator, NOT single wire)

Phoenix-MN
Here's how I wired my conversion, the blue wire doesn't carry much current and it is not fused.

Paul

Click to view attachment

Dave_Darling
The blue wire does get hooked into the red one, but the field current does not come from the blue wire.

--DD
RJMII
Thanks guys! I've got my alternator charging the battery now. I just went with new wires to my own relays.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.