Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB. Combo gauge for a 1973 2.0 with console
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
crxnug
im looking for a combo dash gauge for a 1973 2.0 that had a center console, im looking for something in very good-excellent condition
dirie1
QUOTE(crxnug @ Jul 24 2009, 02:59 PM) *

im looking for a combo dash gauge for a 1973 2.0 that had a center console, im looking for something in very good-excellent condition

PM sent
orange914
this may be another one of my "duh" questions, but what is the differance in combo gauge between a factory console car and non console?

mike
crxnug
the one im looking for should be this one
IPB Image
tracks914
I would think if the car had a console it would have a temp gauge in the console. That might be a combo gauge for a car without the console.......
orange914
QUOTE(tracks914 @ Jul 24 2009, 07:13 PM) *

I would think if the car had a console it would have a temp gauge in the console. That might be a combo gauge for a car without the console.......

so if the combo. gauge has a dummy light it came with a console, if the combo has a gauge it's a non console car.

i always wondered if my 73' was a console car. it has a stock console but with a home made face plate cut out for aftermarket gauges. and it does have a dummy light combo gauge (correct silver button).

mike
fitzm1
Click to view attachment
QUOTE(crxnug @ Jul 24 2009, 02:59 PM) *

no 914 641 101 30

orange914
this may be helpful to you. i beleive somewhere on this site is a chart of the different gauges, for which year and it's parts #'s... does anyone know where? i cant seem to find it again.
crxnug
if someone could find that it would be great, its starting to get very confusing trying to find the right one,
fitzm1
I think this one is for your car

Click to view attachment

QUOTE(crxnug @ Jul 25 2009, 01:47 PM) *

if someone could find that it would be great, its starting to get very confusing trying to find the right one,

orange914
my "duh". it just hit me if you had a temp gauge you would have the "taco plate w/ sending unit" on the bottom of the engine case. look underneath for it.

my question is are you conserned about going back to original? upgrading to oil temp reading gauge is benifitial. if you have no console why not find the combo. gauge w/ oil temp.? of course you may also have to add the taco plate/sending unit

mike
crxnug
i bought a rust free 1973 2.0 roller that came with engine but no interior or wiring, from the past history it was fully optioned before it was parted out some time ago i also have a 73 2.0 parts car that im using some parts but mostly searching for parts here and there that are in very nice condition, my plan is restore it back to what is it was originally.
type47
Just to stir things up and add to your dilemma, there are actually 2 combo gauges with oil temp for a 73. The difference is the size of the red warning area. I don't think you'll find any info about which is correct for your VIN unless there is a member here that knows. Both are silver button for "most" 73's:

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

I think the "large red" gauge is early 73 and "small red" is late 73. 'Course, you could install the gauge and use the empty hole in the console for an oil pressure gauge or a cylinder head temp gauge.
fitzm1

Here

http://www.p914.com/p914_gauges.htm
tracks914
QUOTE(fitzm1 @ Jul 26 2009, 04:47 PM) *

Here

http://www.p914.com/p914_gauges.htm

So after reading the link, if your combo gauge has a temp gauge in it, the car didn't come with a console.
Good link, thanks, I now know where my 250K speedo came from, but it might have been put on a Canadian car???????
Dam those metric Canadians. smoke.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.