Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: center gravity point
914World.com > The 914 Forums > The Paddock
damusto
Hello Im looking some nice base car for my new racer. I thing that 914 may be good choice, however I need some more informations. Does anyone here know what is CG height ?
URY914
For a "stock" car?
Joe Ricard
Not very many people figure the numbers for a stock car.

I am working on Numbers for my car. Answer is not very high for sure. My goal is to get it a few inches above the axle. and center of car as close to the drivers seat as possible.
damusto
anything U know would be nice, for me best info is locate center gravity point for 914 chassis only, then I wil calculate this with some nice engine that I have in my planes.
But stock car will be good too, however I will need what engine type it has, can U help me please ?
damusto
I have some more questions:
(all for vintage race versions)

- Front spring value - I found in web that people wer using fornt suspension direct from 911 is it true ?

- I found race spec with weight almost 880kg it was 914/6 gt
I thing it has 175 front and 205 or 225 rear tires. I don know that this weight was with reserve wheel, provably without

- I d'like to know what was weight of original 45 amp/h battery and and the same story with reserve wheel ?

Still looking for CG hight - will anyone here help please ?
6freak
Someone will get you the help you need ..just hang on ..helps on the way with graphs and charts welcome.png smile.gif
damusto
QUOTE(6freak @ Jul 29 2009, 04:42 PM) *

Someone will get you the help you need ..just hang on ..helps on the way with graphs and charts welcome.png smile.gif

THX Mate I hope so and I'm waitng
J P Stein
In lieu of charts & graphs.......

One can do without a location of the CG. The object is to keep weight as concentrated as low as possible and as near to half way between the front & rear axles. Knowing your CG is not as important as knowing you've done everything you can to reach the above description.

Tall engines are out and the lighter the better....if it can make power. A flat 4, 6 or rotary would be good examples. Weight up high should be avoided...top, windshield, targa bar.
grantsfo
What kind of class are you thinking of running? What will class allow? Probably best to calculate specs from how car would be setup. Weight distribution, ride hieght, tire width and height will all be dependent on what rules allow. 914 Race cars back in the 1970's used a variety of tire offsets, suspension and motors.

I dont think you will find many vintage production cars with better CG than the 914. 914's issues are more with suspension and finding cost effective powerplants.
damusto
Its extremely hard to thing this way here in Poland. U see we have only one real race track here, no regular races, no championships...
Its funny but if U want to organize national championship here U can do it if there would be only 6 teams in one class.
So what i want is to buy some nice car, not very expensive too, like 914/4, then upgrade it step by step until finally it will be something like '77 IMSA GTU class winner.

However, to compare any cars I need some data, thats why I dlike to know 914 CG hight. U claim there are some better cars, I agree that, but I want to be more precise and then make optimal choice for me...
grantsfo
Sounds like anything goes? Must be some rules? You can change CG signficantly on the car. Until you know what rules are CG is probably irrelevant. I'd figure out what displacement allowances are, weight minimum, wheel and tire width, suspensions allowed etc. Then pick the car that will allow you to exploit these rules the best. What is your budget?

If its open class cheapest fastest production car would be a Corvette but doubt you can find those cheap in Poland. Take a 1980's era Vette strip it, put nice suspension on, big brakes, tweek the motor to 500 HP, slap some big fat slicks on and your set.
damusto
U right Mate, is not easy to get c3 vette in Poland, I hope some day I will - right now I thing I can only afore stock c3 with 7l engine so my budget is low/very low.
So I am looking something cheaper than C3 and for beginning I thing I will use it in some open class hill climbs then we will see...
1/2 C3 price + some upgrades = C3 price - it looks more like this now. and I want some old timer, from 60/70s I hope.
damusto
anyone ?

Im looking for dyno charts 911/70 911/72 911/73 911/76 engines maybe U can help me with this stuff ?
J P Stein
QUOTE(damusto @ Aug 27 2009, 04:56 PM) *

anyone ?

Im looking for dyno charts 911/70 911/72 911/73 911/76 engines maybe U can help me with this stuff ?

Those are all rip snorting 8000 rpm peak power, 20 hour engines. Bring money.
grantsfo
Turbocharged Mazda Miata (MX5)
damusto
oug 20 h is a bit to short hehe I was hopping for min 5000km - what is rebuilt cost ?
and what about 901/21 901/25 maybe 901/26

is it possible to see some dynos here ?
J P Stein
The only dyno chart I have is of a hot rod 2.7L....911/82. Not much help to you, me thinks.
damusto
U right mate, however can I see it Im just curious idea.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.