Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I drove the car home today.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
RJMII
I made it from the shop at my parents house all the way home. That's about 2 miles.

I NEED to get my back window in, and I NEED a little bit more to my exhaust system. I also need to get my engine lid finished and back on.

Yeah, it was a noisy trip. at least it was nice out and the top was off. biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
Rand
Hah... As I was reading your post, and got to the part about the rear window being out, the thought that popped in my head was "you should take the engine lid off too!" Then I saw it was. Amazing how much sound each blocks. You gotta drive it with the top on too, just to get the most out of the experience while you have the opportunity! laugh.gif Brought back some memories from when I had both out at the same time for a couple days.
RJMII
lol nice! so the roof on makes it even louder in there? I think I'll pass on that one for now, my glass pack dumps out right behind the axle, and w/out any engine tin in there the engine bay vortex would suck exhaust right into the cabin.

a pic for reminder of what my engine compartment looks like. piratenanner.gif
orange914
what are you running???

mike
Rand
Glad to see it driving! Can't wait to hear your impressions after being able to romp on it! I love it that you got a unique conversion going... Has anyone else heard of a Mitsubishi V6 in a 914? What kind of power do you expect from it with the turbo? Will you be tuning on a dyno?

Mike, here's his build thread:
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=89636
PeeGreen 914
piratenanner.gif beerchug.gif Sweet. Now it is ready for the move out to the Northwest wink.gif
rick 918-S
thumb3d.gif assimilate.gif
RJMII
I wish I had access to a dyno. That would make tuning a whole lot easier.

I'm hoping for about 300-350 hp. I've got the injectors and turbo to handle that much, but NEED to get an intercooler before taking the boost any higher than 7 or 8 psi. Right now I've got it turned down to about 3 psi and am going to slowly work my way up from there.

(thank you for posting the link to my build thread)

as for the romping on it... that is VERY tempting, even though I know it won't have the effect we're looking forward to grinning about quite yet.

Jon... lol maybe a visit. (unless I get a job offer somewhere that makes it worth moving)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.