Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: My alter-ego Merc 2 door
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
drive-ability
I just had to get one ! Ya its a far cry from a 914 but surely my rust repair experience will pay off. Just like the 914 I'm going to do all the work myself. I've got some friends who build these, chop, channel blah blah blah. sawzall-smiley.gif

IPB Image
ConeDodger
That'll piss off the neighbors! biggrin.gif

mad.gif mad.gif mad.gif mad.gif mad.gif mad.gif mad.gif mad.gif mad.gif mad.gif
736conver
QUOTE(drive-ability @ Jul 26 2009, 10:31 AM) *

I just had to get one ! Ya its a far cry from a 914 but surely my rust repair experience will pay off. Just like the 914 I'm going to do all the work myself. I've got some friends who build these, chop, channel blah blah blah. sawzall-smiley.gif

IPB Image

Nice!! Lead sled cruiser.
drive-ability
I'm doing this project because its a huge reach for me. I'm a sports car nut, lead sleds aren't my thing. The odd thing is there are folks who will die for a nice one. I'm hoping to build a car with all the custom stuff, I do have an old timer who has built some 100k rigs. Hoping some of that rubs off here. Sure I have a lot to learn and I will screw up but WTF.gif it's going to be fun.
BarberDave
smilie_pokal.gif

Boy does that bring back memmories, I have done or helped on 6 of those in my

day. Chopping is a bitch, but , if you take it slow and think and plan ahead it will

look great. Our 1st. was a 50 Ford, ended in the scrap pile. But learned on that,

they were so plentyful then we just threw it away. We did 2 50 Fords, 2 Mercurys

51 Ford Con., a 34 Ford Sedan. Those were the days,went to school all day, we

worked in the garage till 1;00 A.M. ,we had cots to sleep on ,set the alarm for 7;00

A.M. and did it again. God if I could have bottled that energy and enthusiasm it

wouldn't take me all day to mow the grass . Please keep me ( us) informed of

your progress. Dave slap.gif

P.S. Please ,Please, use LEAD`!!!!!!!!!
bembry
Bad-ass Merc! You still have the flathead in it (if it was a V8 originally)?
shelby/914
Love those old Mercs, keep the pix coming. Keep the flat head or at leas a modern Ford motor.
drive-ability
The car has a SBC and a 700R4 overdrive transmission mated to a Camaro rear end.
The engine/trans package is likely to stay since its all there. I will be picking the car up tomorrow and dragging its ugly ass home. More to come... welder.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.