Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: gas
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
oldschool
So my new car has a funny smell? it has the old car (gas) smell is there something that I could put in my tank so that I don't mess something up confused24.gif
McMark
Drain tank, check for rust/particulate and repair if necessary. Then fill with nice new gas.
oldschool
QUOTE(McMark @ Jul 27 2009, 12:45 AM) *

Drain tank, check for rust/particulate and repair if necessary. Then fill with nice new gas.
when you say drain so I remove the tank is there a post on how to do this?
silverteener
I couldn't get my car to run worth a crap after putting a new engine in. Turns out my fuel tank had alot of rust in it. I'd pull the tank and have it boiled and sealed. It can be done at a radiator shop. I think mine was 150. It's time well spent and it's not too bad of a job. just don't break one of your bottom fuel lines under the tank and spill 8 gallons of gas like it did!
underthetire
I just jumpered the fuel pump and ran a piece of hose to a can. Re-filled with super and seafoam marine stabilizer. Never had a problem. But then if you do have rust.....
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.