Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Tired of Garage Queens
914World.com > The 914 Forums > The Paddock
carr914
Are you tired of Concour Weenies and their Garage/Trailer Queens of cars winning the Car of the Month contest?

Well now is your chance to set the World right. Venture over to the Garage and Vote for URY914's Lightweight Auto-X Champion

Click to view attachment

This message was endorsed by carr914, Campaign Manager for URY914 COTM
6freak
slap.gif does he trailer his car to the track and keep it in a garage confused24.gif
J P Stein
QUOTE(carr914 @ Jul 27 2009, 07:51 AM) *

Well now is your chance to set the World right. Venture over to the Garage and Vote for URY914's Lightweight Auto-X Champion

We are fighting a loosing battle.
MoveQik
dry.gif I have driven my car from PHX to:

Portland - WCC 07
CA - WCC 09
ABQ - Atomic Ramble
Moab, Moab & Moab - Red Rocks Classic again & again & again
Torrey, UT, Red Rocks Classic
All over AZ - Route 66
CA - For BBQ at Joe's
ABQ again - For no apparent reason
And its driven almost daily all winter here in the Valley.

I would guess my car is far less of a garage queen than Ury's. poke.gif

Paul - You know I'm kidding! biggrin.gif
Joe Ricard
Paul's car is pretty but mine is pretty fast.
URY914
I've owned that car since 1979. How many other car COTM owners can say they have owned thier car or any 914 for 30 f-ing years.
jhadler
QUOTE(URY914 @ Jul 27 2009, 12:39 PM) *

I've owned that car since 1979. How many other car COTM owners can say they have owned thier car or any 914 for 30 f-ing years.

All respect, I love what you've done with that car, but how much of a "914" is really left??? biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

-Josh2
URY914
I knew someone would bring his up.....
jhadler
QUOTE(URY914 @ Jul 27 2009, 04:01 PM) *

I knew someone would bring his up.....

Just pokin' fun at ya... I'm way behind ya, only 15 years with a 914...

-Josh2
J P Stein
Maybe what is needed is a race car of the month....or at least a thread showing pics of one *you own or have owned*.....preferably while being built and/or raced.
sixnotfour
Good Idea JP , summer is racing . and BTW the PCA autocross although a wanker fest is a highly coveted accomplishment.
Ive seen em argue like school kids over the slightest discrepancy.
6freak
[quote name='sixnotfour' date='Jul 27 2009, 05:51 PM' post='1196160']
a wanker fest

so you call`n me a wanker ... roll`n over that! funny as hell lol-2.gif lov ya man but your not get`n my 1st place trophy smilie_pokal.gif
J P Stein
QUOTE(sixnotfour @ Jul 27 2009, 05:51 PM) *

Good Idea JP , summer is racing . and BTW the PCA autocross although a wanker fest is a highly coveted accomplishment.
Ive seen em argue like school kids over the slightest discrepancy.

We did the 2006 Parade AX. I stayed as far away as possible from the impound area....but I met the wankers while filling in on grid.....they explained the rules to me. As clerk of the course I had the distinct pleasure of telling some folks that they couldn't sit in their lawn chairs on the edge of the course...right at the outside of the festival turns at PIR....and they were indignant. Had that been an SCCA event, them folks would have been drawn & quartered. 2 days of hell.
grantsfo
Actually if you think about it dedicated AX cars are biggest garage queens around. They sit in garage for weeks at a time waiting to run for a couple minutes at an event just to go back in hibernation for next event. At least most of the "cars of the month" drive a couple hours a month. happy11.gif
drew365
I voted for Ury, but it's obvious too many guys take this car hobby stuff way too serious.
Joe Ricard
Can't seem to get mine out of the garage. But once it does it will be out nearly every weekend somewhere.
Tom
How about having them concours one month, race cars the next, daily drivers the third and so on. That way we get to see lots of different uses of peoples's cars. Of the cars featured this month, I would guess each one would fall into a different "class".
Tom
zymurgist
Ury's got the taildragger vote from Maryland locked up.
Mr.242
6freak's car does not sit in a garage or a trailer. It is driven and driven fast. It is maintained and any rust is lovingly removed (he spent over $6K this year doing paint stuff)! Paint flaws from being on the street, track, and AX courses!

URY is a garage queen, sorry. Pot, hello this is kettle!

When was the last time URY had to sit at a traffic light? When was the last time someone gave you a thumbs up as you drove down the interstate?

ooops, URY can't drive on the streets. But is fast as hell in the parking lots. poke.gif

I love them all. But a Racer of the Month might be needed!

Mark
6freak
Easy brother...LMAO..

And i can open my doors poke.gif ...LOL and give MarkB a ride to the point he hurts hes arm just try`n to stay in the seat lol-2.gif ......RCOTM is indeed needed
J P Stein
Iff'n I still own the $hitbox come the Shoot Out, me & Brit will be givin' rides.There is something to grab onto but bring your own barf bags. biggrin.gif
grantsfo
I would like to see is some real cars of interest be car of the month. How about car with highest original miles. How about a real 914-6 GT?
URY914
OK, maybe it does sit in a garage, but I have NEVER cleaned ANY part of it with a Q-tip.
URY914
BTW- just because a car sits in a garage, that alone does not make it a garage queen.
PeeGreen 914
All you first time nominees are kiilin me
lol-2.gif

Wait until you come in second on COTM 5 times. headbang.gif
URY914
QUOTE(Phoenix 914-6GT @ Jul 28 2009, 06:59 PM) *

That's gotta hurt....
PeeGreen 914

Eh, it's always an honor to be selected with all these nice cars.
J P Stein
QUOTE(Phoenix 914-6GT @ Jul 28 2009, 06:59 PM) *

All you first time nominees are kiilin me
lol-2.gif

You have a couple of disadvantages to over come.
It's a non stock 6 cylinder.
You race it...or autocross it.

These items make you suspect to the CW, cruiser and jackstand crowds.
If would put in a 4 banger, throw away the 6 and declare it unfit, then cease the unacceptable racing type activities....it'd be a slam dunk. biggrin.gif
PeeGreen 914
lol-2.gif
6freak
QUOTE(URY914 @ Jul 28 2009, 05:59 PM) *

but I have NEVER cleaned ANY part of it with a Q-tip.

blink.gif and that all I`m gonna say ...lmao
Heeltoe914
I agree 120% I love 914s but in so many differant ways, Let change it up, it takes the efforts of all 914 drivers to keep this little car alive and all should be credited.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.